The 17 Best Black Sitcoms From The ’90s - How good were these shows?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Last edited:

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised

Dont get no better than this brehs

My favorite scene in tv ever. shyt too this day is so authentic

FPOBA is my goat.

martin close 2nd but martin never really had moments like the one above.

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great list I watched every show listed even ones that were left out but fresh prince n Cosby show was great but overrated they both represented hip hop culture and imagery of how a middle/high class family should be brought up but comedy wise the top 5 black sitcoms to me
Martin
Wayans bros(pops gotta be top 5 tv daddy)
Jaime foxx show
Steve harvey show(very underrated was mix of Martin & Cosby show type feel)
Kennan&kel

Why my brother&one only got one season? (n I ran into ol girl dat plays kyra n on Gullah gullah island at club liv dis past summer shorty bad)

Man it's crazy dat black shows from da 90s shyt in on anything dats on tv rite now all we got his scripted Hollywoods reality shows m Tyler perry ion even watch tv anymore

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Parenthood should have been on that list, I would have taken out Cousin Skeeter, and I would have found a spot for South Central, that shyt was a 90's version of Good Times.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good list. Missing some stuff I considered great at the time and haven't seen in years..like Out All Night or Malcolm Jamal Warner's show on NBC after the Cosby Show. Good to see Living Single getting the love it deserves though. The last season is meh but every season before that is dope.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Good list. Missing some stuff I considered great at the time and haven't seen in years..like Out All Night or Malcolm Jamal Warner's show on NBC after the Cosby Show. Good to see Living Single getting the love it deserves though. The last season is meh but every season before that is dope.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
These shows were too Black for their own good. This one was funny & had Bruh Man from Martin in it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115354/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_26

This is one of the best TV shows I've see that should've lasted but white people didn't want to see a strong positive Black man like this. A spin off of Spenser For Hire:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096646/?ref_=nv_sr_3

My mom used to love hawk and spenser for hire. The way hawk said that mans name tho lol.

Spen-sah