The 17 Best Alchemist Beats of All Time

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
All subjective obviously, but to me, these are Al's most impactful songs. Anyhting after these is opinion.

The Realest
Worst Comes to Worst
Keep it Thoro
We Gonna Make It
Hold You Down
Daps and rep. Good shyt. At least for our generation. It’s my top 5 most impactful songs of his.

I’d imagine there’s some younger cats being highly influential bu some of his newer music, but I think it’s harder to measure those things in the streaming era

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:dahell:What? Please do explain.
At this point of someone says they don't fukk with Al it's cool. Everybody has their personal taste. I wouldn't try to sway anyone on what they like or don't like.

But objectively it's getting real hard to front on Alc with unbiased criteria. I know people might get tired on here of seeing constant threads and posts bigging up Madlib, Dilla, Alc, and other producers that get a ton of online love. But the love is for good reason.

Alc is entering his 4th different decade of making dozens of songs per year. If you go through his discography it's stupid, because 1998 is the last calendar year that Alc produced less than 20 songs.
:picard: You can go through multiple years of other veterans' catalogues where they dropped only a couple songs, and sometimes years of none at all.

I don't know if there's a producer with more released music than Alc. Madlib may have him beat if you include his unreleased vaults, but as far as released music goes? I think Alc has the most songs out of any hip-hop producer. At the very least I think you gotta respect that someone is pushing 30 years in the game and is more active and inspired than ever.

Alc and Madlib are basically the only 2 producers that came up as far back as the 90's that still have the output they have that manage to be received well by hipster critics and more regular fans alike.

I think Bo Jackson is one of his top 3 bodies of production, and it's landing 20+ years removed from Keep It Thoro and We Gonna Make It.

shopant

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terrible list.

My top 4 in no particular order:

Keep it thoro
We gonna make it
When U Hear The
Serious (The new message)

IMO his beats from the last 5-10 years can't fukk with his older material.

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
Do a top 17 Alchemist beat list and only have 2 Mobb tracks
idi-amin-laugh.gif