That Time where Hollywood was battling Satan

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
90s were times when the media and information started becoming more easily accessible thanks to personal computers and internet.

With that said, conspiracy theories were becoming more popular as well. Many believed that the end of times were coming to the year 2000.

Movie makers saw the opportunity and created movies that could easily attract that curious audience. It's not just satanistic films, we saw a lot of disaster films as well, alien attack films, paranormal stuff and so on.

Video games were the same. You saw zombie video games in late 90s, other cult following games such as Half Life, based on scenario of what if aliens attacked the world. And it goes on and on.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps

I’m kind of glad that this film is starting to get a following. It deserves it.

Interesting concept, but wrong film maker to make it happen. Paul Anderson ruined Resident Evil movie franchise, he made a mediocre Mortal Kombat film (still enjoyable) and his Alien vs Predator was ok at best, even though I appreciate the fact that they tried developing the story.

They guy was given badass material to create average films. Not good.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Interesting concept, but wrong film maker to make it happen. Paul Anderson ruined Resident Evil movie franchise, he made a mediocre Mortal Kombat film (still enjoyable) and his Alien vs Predator was ok at best, even though I appreciate the fact that they tried developing the story.

They guy was given badass material to create average films. Not good.
John Carpenter would have hit a home run with this movie

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
90s were times when the media and information started becoming more easily accessible thanks to personal computers and internet.

With that said, conspiracy theories were becoming more popular as well. Many believed that the end of times were coming to the year 2000.

Movie makers saw the opportunity and created movies that could easily attract that curious audience. It's not just satanistic films, we saw a lot of disaster films as well, alien attack films, paranormal stuff and so on.

Video games were the same. You saw zombie video games in late 90s, other cult following games such as Half Life, based on scenario of what if aliens attacked the world. And it goes on and on.

Mannnn I remember how shook folks were near 2000. Folks were legit making bunkers incase computers were going to kill brehs :why: . That being said, I loved this time for hollywood because it was breaking out of the box compared to the shyt we see nowadays. You had disaster movies like Armageddon, spirituality thrillers movies like Se7en, and sci fi going into some tapped in shyt like "The Matrix".

Shoot, Enemy of the State was prophesizing big brother along with The Truman Show.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Maybe 10 years ago, which isn’t really a long time.
Event horizon had a following since the VHS and cable days.

It has been appreciated and has a very defined culture following.

Appreciation for it isn't new or just starting as you just tried to claim

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Mannnn I remember how shook folks were near 2000. Folks were legit making bunkers incase computers were going to kill brehs :why: . That being said, I loved this time for hollywood because it was breaking out of the box compared to the shyt we see nowadays. You had disaster movies like Armageddon, spirituality thrillers movies like Se7en, and sci fi going into some tapped in shyt like "The Matrix".

Shoot, Enemy of the State was prophesizing big brother along with The Truman Show.
Me personally I never liked disaster films, everything else yeah 90s had a lot of top notch films.

Not even the end of world, there were people thinking Blair Witch Project was actually real, as if someone really found the tape and released it in movie theatrers :dead: