That Black Powerful Imagery Thread!!!

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Thanks for the shout out Mike Vice Vain.

This is one of the titans of American advertising, Tom Burrell. A pioneer for Blacks in the industry.
He offers a unique perspective about the power of images here promoting his book..
img4E.jpg

I agree with about 65% of what was written in the book.

I have this book.. never read it tho.

is it worth it? even if only 65% is good shyt

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I think Burrell absolves people from responsibility for actions too much in the book. I do agree however with most of his points about us buying into a Black Inferiority Complex. We wouldn't treat and speak to each other the ways we do if we didn't buy into that.
If a person thinks that they are nothing, it's easy to treat somebody who looks like him like a dog.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the shout out Mike Vice Vain.

This is one of the titans of American advertising, Tom Burrell. A pioneer for Blacks in the industry.
He offers a unique perspective about the power of images here promoting his book..
img4E.jpg

I agree with about 65% of what was written in the book.

No problem breh!!! Thanks for puttin' me onto Tom Burrell. I'm definitely gonna get his book!

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
'The Beauty of the Black Woman' celebrates women of all shades via strong, thoughtful portraits
Exhibition explores the beauty, diversity of black women

375x250.jpg

Artist Aesha Lee poses with her portraits at her "The Beauty of the Black Woman" exhibition at the Houston Museum of African American Culture. Lee's portraits pay homage to the diversity, strength and beauty of black women and address a gap in how are portrayed in popular culture. "I want this series out here so little girls can see they are pretty," Lee says.

375x250.jpg

375x250.jpg

375x250.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ho...hibition-celebrates-women-of-all-12604421.php