Texting/calling and dating

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Ha my friend and I were just talking about this last night :heh:

We both haven't been in the dating game for awhile but we both miss those long talks on the phone, good morning/good night texts, texting all day about nothing :to:

But for me just saying a simple "hey how r u" every day is fine. We don't have to talk/text for 8+ hours everyday but I do like feeling as if a guy is thinking about me as much as I think about him :ehh:

You ever get those notifications on your phone, hoping its him and disappointed when it isn't :pachaha: those butterfly feelings when it is :wow:

Man I need to get back in the dating game :sadbron:

Them morning call or texts are GOAT. Was out with my homegirl and her dude and we were talking about a mans money and time and I made the point that if a man gives you his time it's more valuable than money. Especially how black folks stunt and drop ends we don't value money for it to be a measure of affection.

I think if a man spends his time than that is satisfying to me. My girl dude got a bit of money but he expects monetary reciprocity. One issue I have with the culture of some Sistas and I get into often with Sistas at LSA is that money is the only measure by which to judge a man.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Everyone is different and it's up to the couple to set those expectations. You two need to have a discussion about it. Ask him what he prefers.

The last dude I dated could go a few days without talking to me but we saw each other a couple times a week. I personally felt horrible not talking to him everyday so we settled on a call at least in the morning during the work week.

The guy I dated before then we text/talked ALL the damn time...I means hours at a fukking time. shyt was crazy in hindsight.

Not sure about setting expectations though. Shouldn't you just judge what dude does and decide if you cool with it? I wouldn't want a schedule.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure about setting expectations though. Shouldn't you just judge what dude does and decide if you cool with it? I wouldn't want a schedule.
I'm not saying go by a schedule, like on some same time everyday (that works better for me though)but I think there should still be some conversation about it.

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
What's too much? What's too little? Do you care about that?
Do you need to talk to him/her on a day to day basis?

Any horror stories?
I'm a newb in the dating game y'all.

"I only text man, I never call/ I'm still a K-9 at heart, I'm a dog"