Texting/calling and dating

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What's too much? What's too little? Do you care about that?
Do you need to talk to him/her on a day to day basis?

Any horror stories?
I'm a newb in the dating game y'all.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
What's too much? What's too little? Do you care about that?
Do you need to talk to him/her on a day to day basis?

Any horror stories?
I'm a newb in the dating game y'all.

if she feeling me she will text soon the way i see it if she dont its :camby: too me
i dont wait around for no one
when interest is there it will be made known on either side unless they decide to play games which is childish

how often doesnt matter to me personally as long as the convo is organic free flowing if its not flowing good i will get bored and just tell em i appreciate the talk but just not feeling u that way not gonna waste their time or mines rather be up front and honest

talking too me is up too them same as texting I'm real chilled
now if its massive gaps it shows they aint feelin u like i said above but at same time u could text more than talk as a trade off too in some cases

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Ha my friend and I were just talking about this last night :heh:

We both haven't been in the dating game for awhile but we both miss those long talks on the phone, good morning/good night texts, texting all day about nothing :to:

But for me just saying a simple "hey how r u" every day is fine. We don't have to talk/text for 8+ hours everyday but I do like feeling as if a guy is thinking about me as much as I think about him :ehh:

You ever get those notifications on your phone, hoping its him and disappointed when it isn't :pachaha: those butterfly feelings when it is :wow:

Man I need to get back in the dating game :sadbron:

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You ever get those notifications on your phone, hoping its him and disappointed when it isn't :pachaha: those butterfly feelings when it is :wow:

:wow: I'm feeling like this right now
I'm laying on my tummy with my legs swinging in the air waiting for his text hahah
He's a busy guy so every text counts.

@twan83: when youre first talking to a lady (getting to know her) and y'all talk on the phone for like 4 hours, does that mean anything in the guy manual?
one guy took it very seriously but like i just like talking on the phone with a like minded individual lol. that being said, he called me a whore and we no longer chat.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I'm laying on my tummy with my legs swinging in the air waiting for his text hahah

@twan83: when youre first talking to a lady (getting to know her) and y'all talk on the phone for like 4 hours, does that mean anything in the guy manual?
one guy took it very seriously but like i just like talking on the phone with a like minded individual lol. that being said, he called me a whore and we no longer chat.
Ugh busy men are the best, the wait, the anticipation :ohlawd:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

guy manual i cant say cuz I'm unique and one of a kind
i go by my experiences as a male who was a cattlepiller (however the hell u spell it) who became a butterfly

it sounds stupid and cheesy but i started off as that nice guy always in friendzone but learned so much that way then i broke outta my shell and applied what i knew from them and my sister and mother to mold me properly on ins and outs of what to expect and what i wanna do my way

so talking for several hours means we had a good ass convo
it has to happen on several occasions to mean something too me

Meadow

celestial cyborg
Daps
Overwhelming yourself with your partner, especially when it's new, is exhausting and not healthy -- especially if you're both trying to do shyt with your life. I think the ideal scenario is: daily texting OR late night, end of day phone calls + one or two dates at the end of the week (Friday/Saturday).

If you're just starting to date, start of with the casual, random texts checking in on them and seeing how their day is. If the vibe is good (some people might have in persona chemistry but suck at communication via the technical), increase it gradually over a period of time.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everyone is different and it's up to the couple to set those expectations. You two need to have a discussion about it. Ask him what he prefers.

The last dude I dated could go a few days without talking to me but we saw each other a couple times a week. I personally felt horrible not talking to him everyday so we settled on a call at least in the morning during the work week.

The guy I dated before then we text/talked ALL the damn time...I means hours at a fukking time. shyt was crazy in hindsight.