Texas-Sized Nigeria Will Have More People Than US by 2050

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scusthov: That means more of them are gonna come over here and do weird shyt like eat white peoples leftover chicken scraps, post on racist message boards and peddle piss water associated with illegal drug use.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats a bad thing, a country in africa the size of Texas, having the population bigger than the US, thats way too many people

No. Everyone in America could live in Texas and have more than enough space. People really don't understand how many open spaces there are in this country. Take a road trip through the country and see how open and expansive it is.

Most Americans live in areas more dense than if we all lived in Texas.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm placing my hopes in science....:yeshrug:

Post-Scarcity Technology will either save us...or we are in for a nightmare. Nanotech or bust.

Co-sign. People here are making the wrong assumption that technology won't progress in the next 50 years. Technology is progressing in a break neck pace. In 50 years, we'll be living in a post-scarcity society in which food, water, and shelter will be plentiful. And there will no longer be the need for human labor. Africa's population boon of young people in the next 50 years will help make this the African century.

I also expect many of these population projections to be VERY WRONG. They are assuming that the rates of birth/death will stay the same. People are going to be living much longer in the future and will be producing less children later in life as living standards increase. I'll be shocked if the number of people on earth exceeds 10 billion.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The+true+size+of+Africa+%E2%80%93+it%E2%80%99s+bigger+than+you+think.gif

so you could fit upwards of 3 billion people in Africa even with alot of space remaining because countries like America and China have alot of open spaces even though they have large populations.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
you're right but peep this

true-size-of-africa.jpg

How Big is Africa - Map of Africa Showing True Size

I flew 3/4nof the length of Africa and it took 8hrs, so that always made me think 'this place is fkin huge' :damn:

edit- just seen the post above lol
One reason why people may be unaware of the the true sizes and relative scales of the continents is that most maps distort geography so that they can portray the earth in 2d.

Map projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aside from Africa being so big, most people wouldn't know for instance that say...Australia is about as big as the US.

You gotta look at a globe.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Keep that many people fed and housed in that small amount of land is damn near impossible unless measures are taken care of today and going forward.

Some solutions: Build it up towards the sky.

You have Agricultural Highrises that can be built eventually:
Vertical-Farming-2.jpg

Agriculture-2.0-Vertical-Farm-Project-11-537x402.jpg

066-0.jpg

Skyscraper-Farming.jpg

I'd drop everything I'm doing with my life right now for a chance to work at such a place. Just give me a small apartment with my own bathroom and modest petty cash and I'll work my ass off.

Ziggy

Ghanaian Queen
Daps
Reppin
Columbus, Ohio
I had no idea. I wonder what the numbers will be like combined with the rest of the continent. If Nigeria will have a billion alone, then the rest of the countries in Africa plus Nigeria should be able to dominate the world population wise.