Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...

I was. Why y’all dudes always think someone is lying? I was on the national catastrophe property team for a major insurance carrier at the time. Meaning, I was on fukking roofs of houses in Chicago in the winter! The coldest day —which we didn’t get snowed out was 18 degrees — and I didn’t feel this cold. I was in McHenry, but driving into Chicago for my claims. However, I wasn’t as cold there as I am here.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Crocs make awesome slip proof snow shoes lol

I put on 3 pair of my copper threaded socks n my thin house slippers with them

Voila
HWXmU8.jpg

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
It’s incredible to me in a metroplex of this size (DFW), that these mf’s don’t have warehouses throughout it with ice melt/sand/salt in reserve. Not a fukkin snowplow in site. Content with shutting the entire place down. I’ve lived in places that would have the main arteries of the city pre salted and scrapers on standby to make sure folks could move about. Hell, where I lived in KS, they’d give truck owners property or vehicle tax breaks if they retrofitted them with snowplows and helped clear out residential neighborhoods. When I brought this up in the Dallas subreddit, you would’ve thought I told mf’s to vote for gun control.

LowkeyD

All Star
Daps
Idiots in here talking about snowplows and salt trucks for a city in the south that sees 2 winter weather events if any in a year. Sure let's dump millions into equipment, maintenance and materials for the 4 days we may see ice in a season. It's the same reason you all don't have A/C in your homes and once the temp hits 88 degrees you all begin to melt. :russ:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It’s incredible to me in a metroplex of this size (DFW), that these mf’s don’t have warehouses throughout it with ice melt/sand/salt in reserve. Not a fukkin snowplow in site. Content with shutting the entire place down. I’ve lived in places that would have the main arteries of the city pre salted and scrapers on standby to make sure folks could move about. Hell, where I lived in KS, they’d give truck owners property or vehicle tax breaks if they retrofitted them with snowplows and helped clear out residential neighborhoods. When I brought this up in the Dallas subreddit, you would’ve thought I told mf’s to vote for gun control.
Texas gets by on spending less, to continuously receive billion dollar surpluses, which obviously get kicked back to Abbott and his people.

That said, kinda tough considering the size of the area to sand/salt from Plano to Dallas to Ft Worth. And all those highways are main arteries.

Cheaper on the state to just let the weather pass, no matter who it inconveniences. Gotta keep them surpluses

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Idiots in here talking about snowplows and salt trucks for a city in the south that sees 2 winter weather events if any in a year. Sure let's dump millions into equipment, maintenance and materials for the 4 days we may see ice in a season. It's the same reason you all don't have A/C in your homes and once the temp hits 88 degrees you all begin to melt. :russ:
FWISD just spent $2.5MM on sex ed teaching supplies only to do away with the program. But yea, let's talk about waste and abuse of taxpayer $$ because folks shouldn't be locked down in their cribs when half an inch of snowfall occurs. Doesn't matter how many storms it sees, there's no reason for a city to shutdown when it has the funds to ensure it doesn't. Sort of like the damn power grid. Guess that should be ignored as well since the cold fronts are only a 1-2 day occurrence

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
fukkin apartment elevator froze and moving slow af :wtf:

This aint no damn 42 :beli:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Roads have been pretty bad out there.