"Tetris" | Apple TV+ | March 31st 2023 | starring Taron Egerton

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Thought this was gone be like that pixel movie with Adam Sandler lol,,, A1 stupid shyt

tumblr_nopgchLwt51rp0vkjo1_500.gif

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
This was a legit great movie, without a doubt my favourite of the year so far.
I 100% agree...
It's a very engaging feel-good movie that plays like an episode of "The Americans" or any other great political/espionage thriller. Not at all what I was expecting from a Tetris movie.
Facts. Movie is dope on so many levels.
Anyone who's seen the GH doc I posted and this...how does it compare?
The doc is more fact - specific regarding the history of Tetris, but the film adaptation makes you appreciate the story even more... But that's just my American emotion talking... :pachaha:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Anyone who's seen the GH doc I posted and this...how does it compare?
I’d say it’s about 65% - 70% inline with the Gaming Historian documentary. Obviously lots of scenes added for dramatic effect (such as the car chase as shown in the marketing) but there are individuals missing from the film that appear to have played important roles in the creation/distribution of the game and some facts omitted (like the legal battle between Atari and Nintendo) or were exaggerated.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I’d say it’s about 65% - 70% inline with the Gaming Historian documentary. Obviously lots of scenes added for dramatic effect (such as the car chase as shown in the marketing) but there are individuals missing from the film that appear to have played important roles in the creation/distribution of the game and some facts omitted (like the legal battle between Atari and Nintendo) or were exaggerated.
They mentioned that Atari had made they own version of tetris but that's where they left it.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Watching now

Slight nitpick but when dude says that's why link has zelda

Why in the fukk did they show 4 swords with 2 links...that's not even 8 bit nor NES.

They could've easily shown LOZ 1 footage, after link beats Gannon and show zelda and link together. Or LOZ 2 footage with sleeping ass zelda.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Watching now

Slight nitpick but when dude says that's why link has zelda

Why in the fukk did they show 4 swords with 2 links...that's not even 8 bit nor NES.

They could've easily shown LOZ 1 footage, after link beats Gannon and show zelda and link together. Or LOZ 2 footage with sleeping ass zelda.
Four swords is a gba game that came out 13 years later, that's crazy