Tesla out here selling DLC for cars; disabled auto-pilot on a used car.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
Except it's not a service it's an added feature on the car that they disable and enable via software like many other features on the car.

If I subscribe to satellite radio and I sell my car I'm not paying your monthly subscription I'm paying mine. That subscription follows me even if the car is equip for that radio.

The supposed "subscription" to auto pilot as you put it doesn't follow anyone anywhere. If you buy another Tesla that service as you call it isn't included you'll have to pay for it again meanwhile if you sell your old Tesla they disable it.

The duration of the subscription is your length of ownership of the car.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The duration of the subscription is your length of ownership of the car.
It's a feature on the car you pay more for but can't recoup anything for when you sell the car. When you add features to a car those features increase the value of the car. Here it becomes worthless when you resell. It isn't a subscription or service.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So they double dipping. A person can buy a new Tesla and pay $8k for the self driving but that $8k service won't follow the driver to a new Tesla. On the flip side if the driver sells the car, the $8k self driving won't stay with the car and the new owner has to buy it all over again for the car. That's trashy and I can tell they're going the way of John deere. They already do shyt like unlock ranges, speed, and performance based on what you pay but this is next level. I can see the value of a used Tesla drop to reflect this if it's the norm

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
You’re an idiot defending this nonsense

I’m not defending it, just being objective. I think from a business goodwill perspective, it’s dumb. From a profit perspective, it’s genius. From a legal perspective, going forward I bet they make this policy clear in the purchase agreement if it’s not already. Its easily legally defensible.

Plus, I doubt they care about the used car market. That’s a dealership game and they don’t have dealerships.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I’m not defending it, just being objective. I think from a business goodwill perspective, it’s dumb. From a profit perspective, it’s genius. From a legal perspective, going forward I bet they make this policy clear in the purchase agreement if it’s not already. Its easily legally defensible.

Plus, I doubt they care about the used car market. That’s a dealership game and they don’t have dealerships.
You clearly don’t own a Tesla. Buy one then let’s see how you feel.