Tesla out here selling DLC for cars; disabled auto-pilot on a used car.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Well fukk it the shyt still drives...:what: you don't need no fukking onboard A.I. with their stingy asses...:hhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You should follow RichRebuilds. Tesla has been doing things like this.
I watch his videos from time to time. Just checked the one where he rebuilt a Model X and lost money on it.

I hope this goes to court. If a feature is purchased for a car it should be for the car not just for the particular driver. I bet if I purchased an S and bought the auto pilot then later purchased an X that feature wouldn't follow the user to the new car without another purchase.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I watch his videos from time to time. Just checked the one where he rebuilt a Model X and lost money on it.

I hope this goes to court. If a feature is purchased for a car it should be for the car not just for the particular driver. I bet if I purchased an S and bought the auto pilot then later purchased an X that feature wouldn't follow the user to the new car without another purchase.

It needs to be either-or. Tesla is on some Nintendo Wii/Wii U type of stuff. (For those who don't know N did the same thing with DLCs)

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
except that's a subscription service that follows the subscriber and auto pilot is a feature the car buyer pays for in full to have on that car.

Nope. The hardware for autopilot is on the car, just like the radio. The software is the service, just like the subscription.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nope. The hardware for autopilot is on the car, just like the radio. The software is the service, just like the subscription.
Except it's not a service it's an added feature on the car that they disable and enable via software like many other features on the car.

If I subscribe to satellite radio and I sell my car I'm not paying your monthly subscription I'm paying mine. That subscription follows me even if the car is equip for that radio.

The supposed "subscription" to auto pilot as you put it doesn't follow anyone anywhere. If you buy another Tesla that service as you call it isn't included you'll have to pay for it again meanwhile if you sell your old Tesla they disable it.