"Teenagers' mistakes will stay with them forever, warns Google chief Eric Schmidt"

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
says the guy pushing Google Glasses ........................................

Hay Festival 2013: Teenagers' mistakes will stay with them forever, warns Google chief Eric Schmidt - Telegraph

Hay Festival 2013: Teenagers' mistakes will stay with them forever, warns Google chief Eric Schmidt

Teenagers can no longer grow up without being reminded of their mistakes because a full record of their lives is now stored on the internet, Eric Schmidt, Google’s executive chairman, has warned

Speaking at the Telegraph Hay Festival, he said young people now had to live with the consequences of having a complete record of all their youthful indiscretions online.

He also suggested that some people’s sharing of personal information online had gone too far, saying parents to be who post ultrasounds of their babies online before even naming them took things to “overwhelmingly excessive levels”.

Schmidt went on to pledge that it was Google’s policy to erase information about what individuals’ had searched for after one year.

“We have never had a generation with a full photographic, digital record of what they did,” he said.

“We have a point at which we [Google] forget information we know about you because it is the right thing to do.

There are situations in life that it’s better that they don’t exist.

“Especially if there is stuff you did when you were a teenager. Teenagers are now in an adult world online.”

He added that “society has always had ways of dealing with errant teenagers” by a process of punishment and them allowing to grow up away from their mistakes.

“They grow up out of it and become fine, upstanding leaders,” he said, but added that the current generation of teenagers could now be haunted by their youthful mistakes.

In a wide-ranging talk, he said Google did not plan to censor unsavoury or offensive videos or messages on the internet, despite calls to restrict access to extremist material.

Saying the company’s rules would remain based on whether material was legal in the country it was posted, he added: “It is a slippery slope. Where do we stop?”

He also defended the company’s tax arrangements.

www.Startpage.com

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
This is way of not getting sued or attemtping to lessen the outrage that's probably going come down when these glasses are released ........ they can always say, "well i did imply that teenagers (everyone) should be easy everywhere they might go" :beli: .... I said in the couple of Google Glasses threads.....this shiit is a societal gamechanger in a lot ways......... actions can and will be recorded with the literal blink of an eye :dahell: ........... the tech is cool....................but beyond crazy, when you really think about it :what: :lupe:

Daps
I disagree. After the initial outrage phase, it will lead to us becoming more honest about our mistakes and how fallible we are to making them instead of just sweeping them under the rug and moving on.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
I disagree. After the initial outrage phase, it will lead to us becoming more honest about our mistakes and how fallible we are to making them instead of just sweeping them under the rug and moving on.
u think some dumb 16 year old chick getting a train ran on her and having the video posted online for the entire world to see gonna make her more 'honest' bout her mistakes in life?
:heh:

fukk outta here

Daps
u think some dumb 16 year old chick getting a train ran on her and having the video posted online for the entire world to see gonna make her more 'honest' bout her mistakes in life?
:heh:

fukk outta here

I think when everybody's unsavory behavior is out there, hypocritical people turning their nose up at the chick sucking dikk knowing the lewd things they've done will be forced to fall back.

I'm talking society, not individuals, so with regards to a 16 year old chick getting a train on her, it depends on how normal that behavior really is. :ld:

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
I think when everybody's unsavory behavior is out there, hypocritical people turning their nose up at the chick sucking dikk knowing the lewd things they've done will be forced to fall back.

I'm talking society, not individuals, so with regards to a 16 year old chick getting a train on her, it depends on how normal that behavior really is. :ld:

these chicks are committing suicide after being exposed signor..that cant be good

Google guy has a point..

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
these chicks are committing suicide after being exposed signor..that cant be good

Google guy has a point..

But the funny (well not funny thing, but you know what I mean) is when I went to parties in high school and now in college, everyone knows who the unsavory, slimey dudes are and to stay away from them, but you see some girls that's over there wit them gettin' nakey, takin' pictures and lovin' that attention, even before they are drunk

They go in the rooms, they take them trains, and keep partying afterwards but when those same slimey dudes start sending those pictures around (which is f*ckin' stupid) THEN the b!tches start acting surprised and start crying when other girls start calling her a slut after being exposed :beli: :aicmon:

They always like to talk about how they got drunk, but no amount of alcohol can make a broad write, "This one is slut" on her own forehead and get ran through by 5 dudes (this actually happened at a party after finals 2 weeks ago)

Everytime I see one on CNN after they offed themselves for being ridiculed over some pics, I usually just shrug because I see the process that leads up to it. You can't be out here being that dumb, especially as a girl