Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Game Announced For Next Year

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
As a breh who's fav has been Donatello since the 80s, I hate how recent TMNT movies/shows make him a super nerd with glasses, non-threatening and shyt. I prefer his intelligence to be a bit more subtle, personally. Once I heard his voice in Mutant Mayhem, I delayed watching it, but I'll get around to it one of these days.

I can see it being subtly stated but in that movie it's not stated at all lol. Raph and Leo have dynamic personalities, Mikey is Mikey and Donnie is also Mikey too but less wild.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I can see it being subtly stated but in that movie it's not stated at all lol. Raph and Leo have dynamic personalities, Mikey is Mikey and Donnie is also Mikey too but less wild.

the first movie 1990 mike and don were parried together in personality; i feel they were doing the same thing in mutant mayhem.

the problem is every verison post 2003 takes the nerd thing and does a big bang approach instead

just making him a engineer - he should be like tony stark that he uses tech to solve problems and applies new solutions each time ...

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
the first movie 1990 mike and don were parried together in personality; i feel they were doing the same thing in mutant mayhem.

the problem is every verison post 2003 takes the nerd thing and does a big bang approach instead

just making him a engineer - he should be like tony stark that he uses tech to solve problems and applies new solutions each time ...

Leo and Raph's personalities are easier to write and relate to from a narrative perspective, so writers take the lazy route and focus on them the most with Mikey being the comic relief and Donnie kinda just being there as the "I'm smart :manny: " guy or Mikey-lite

I watched TMNT the other day (movie was trash but Leo vs Raph was lit) and Donnie only real role was to check Raph's pulse to see if he was alive and to verify the origin of an artifact to move the plot forward :dead:

If I was a Donnie fan these movies would make me tight. It's like they know he's the least popular and make no efforts to change that by giving him something to work with. Which is a shame because awkward nerds can be fun to write.

I'm guessing the comics and cartoons do a better job with that than the movies do.

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

I like this, but I do think a problem with making Donnie on some Tony Stark shyt is it kinda limits the point of them being Ninjas. If he can deck them out in armor and state of the art weaponry, they all should be on that wave rather than fighting with Nunchucks and Sais LOL.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leo and Raph's personalities are easier to write and relate to from a narrative perspective, so writers take the lazy route and focus on them the most with Mikey being the comic relief and Donnie kinda just being there as the "I'm smart :manny: " guy or Mikey-lite

I watched TMNT the other day (movie was trash but Leo vs Raph was lit) and Donnie only real role was to check Raph's pulse to see if he was alive and to verify the origin of an artifact to move the plot forward :dead:

If I was a Donnie fan these movies would make me tight. It's like they know he's the least popular and make no efforts to change that by giving him something to worm with. Which is a shame because awkward nerds can be fun to write.

I'm guessing the comics and cartoons do a better job with that than the movies do.
I know the third movie is TRASH but Donnie really shines in that movie. I think he honestly had the most lines. He was talking shyt the whole fukking movie :russ: And showed off his intelligence a few times too. If I was a Donnie fan I'd probably love that movie.

But yes like everyone has been saying in this thread, dissing the first movie is pure blasphemy. I still watch it at least once a year til this day.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Lol pulled up the new joint last night and my 8 year said she rather watch the OG

Do you feel it's the better movie?

I know the third movie is TRASH but Donnie really shines in that movie. I think he honestly had the most lines. He was talking shyt the whole fukking movie :russ: And showed off his intelligence a few times too. If I was a Donnie fan I'd probably love that movie.

But yes like everyone has been saying in this thread, dissing the first movie is pure blasphemy. I still watch it at least once a year til this day.

I didn't diss it though. I said it's poorly reviewed critically which it is lol

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps

Donnie’s intelligent is showed in more subtle ways, like when he tells the foot ninja hey jumping down here with the floor all chopped up isn’t wise as it will give out and then does. Or when he is fixing the truck with Casey Jones, it isn’t on the level of the 2003 series but Donnie has always been a more subtle character even in the comics his brothers always take up the majority of the spotlight.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Do you feel it's the better movie?

I didn't diss it though. I said it's poorly reviewed critically which it is lol
The 1990 movie is the best tmnt movie ever made so far. No one cares what the critics like, there are a bunch of movies that were critically acclaimed that were trash. The last Jedi being a prime example of one

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I like this, but I do think a problem with making Donnie on some Tony Stark shyt is it kinda limits the point of them being Ninjas. If he can deck them out in armor and state of the art weaponry, they all should be on that wave rather than fighting with Nunchucks and Sais LOL.

he doesnt have to be as op as tony but create the portal to dimension x, the turtles communication device, fitting the turtle van with weapons , creating metal head - he was more a inventor in the comics and cartoons and they kept chipping away at that every time they bring them back.