Mr. Negative

Can't change overnight like Ebenezer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
That initial run from "Section 80", "Follow Me Home", Habits n Contradictions", "Control System", Good Kid" to "Oxymoron" was unreal. So much quality music.

Great to see they still all fukk with each other and can all still make music at a high level as well.

:blessed:

don't forget

1164207566-1200.jpg

Mr. Negative

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That initial run from "Section 80", "Follow Me Home", Habits n Contradictions", "Control System", Good Kid" to "Oxymoron" was unreal. So much quality music.

Great to see they still all fukk with each other and can all still make music at a high level as well.

:blessed:

and yeah, I agree.

It legit felt like each artist was competing with each other to see who could put out the best album. Each album was either equally good or better than the last.

Mr. Negative

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I still love how well rounded the early roster was til this day.

Kendrick: The "Everyman" regular nikka rapper

Soul: The backpack/lyrically lyrical spiritual miracle/conspiracy rapper

Rock: The gangsta rapper

Q: The high energy turn up ad-lib rapper

I never woulda thought back then that the popularity order woulda been Kendrick, Q, Soul, then Rock. It was very much the climate for Jay Rock's style when they came out. Kendrick would get booked for shows cause they couldn't afford Jay Rock,.

For me back then, Soul and Kendrick were neck and neck, with each of them dueling for top spot over the course of their first 3 albums.

Honestly, this 20th anniversary wouldve been the perfect opportunity to drop a Black Hippy album.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
No Hip Hop label has dropped more classics than TDE since they started.

QC ain't even in the conversation, bro.

You're underestimating QC. Classic albums aren't the only metric of success.

Look at the run these QC has since 2010, the amount of stars, and anthems they have created. Atlanta still has a headlock on hip hop, and QC is at the center of it.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
You're underestimating QC. Classic albums aren't the only metric of success.

Look at the run these QC has since 2010, the amount of stars, and anthems they have created. Atlanta still has a headlock on hip hop, and QC is at the center of it.

I'm only focused on the quality, no pun intended, and the classics.

SZA, Kendrick, Q, etc. Nobody has had the kinda success and accolades that they've had at TDE, in the past couple decades. They have mad Grammy's, Pulitzer's, the whole sh*t. I'm from NY, so I'm speaking objectively. TDE's run is/was unmatched.

Daps
I still love how well rounded the early roster was til this day.

Kendrick: The "Everyman" regular nikka rapper

Soul: The backpack/lyrically lyrical spiritual miracle/conspiracy rapper

Rock: The gangsta rapper

Q: The high energy turn up ad-lib rapper

I never woulda thought back then that the popularity order woulda been Kendrick, Q, Soul, then Rock. It was very much the climate for Jay Rock's style when they came out. Kendrick would get booked for shows cause they couldn't afford Jay Rock,.

For me back then, Soul and Kendrick were neck and neck, with each of them dueling for top spot over the course of their first 3 albums.

Honestly, this 20th anniversary wouldve been the perfect opportunity to drop a Black Hippy album.

:wow: