Taysom Hill has contract restructured to 4 yr/140M deal

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
He’s not great. He’s not trash. He’s just a solid player who does good things for our team in his gadget role (and even went 3-1 as a starting QB), but people can’t stand him for some reason lol.

I know he was hated before he started games, but part of it is saying "he went 3-1 as a QB" when in those 3 wins the opposing team averaged less than 10 points a game. Two games against the Falcons, one against the Broncos. :trash: teams.

The Broncos game was the one where they had no QBs due to COVID. Yes you can win a game with Taysom Hill under center if you're playing a 5 win team that's missing all QBs. The idea that dude won three games is unnecessary hype, reminiscent of Tebow's run.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I know he was hated before he started games, but part of it is saying "he went 3-1 as a QB" when in those 3 wins the opposing team averaged less than 10 points a game. Two games against the Falcons, one against the Broncos. :trash: teams.

The Broncos game was the one where they had no QBs due to COVID. Yes you can win a game with Taysom Hill under center if you're playing a 5 win team that's missing all QBs. The idea that dude won three games is unnecessary hype, reminiscent of Tebow's run.
Wins are wins in the NFL. The Broncos game I relent because that was a gift wrapped game to us. Atlanta is bad but they still are a team capable of winning games. Being triggered by saying he went 3-1 is just hate. No one is saying he should be our QB of the future. But Teddy wasn’t exactly lighting the world on fire with us last year either yet I still acknowledge he went 5-0 with us as a starter.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Tebow won like 8 games in a row and a playoff game breh.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Tebow won like 8 games in a row and a playoff game breh.

Tebow is ass and was ass then too.

Wins are wins in the NFL. The Broncos game I relent because that was a gift wrapped game to us. Atlanta is bad but they still are a team capable of winning games. Being triggered by saying he went 3-1 is just hate. No one is saying he should be our QB of the future. But Teddy wasn’t exactly lighting the world on fire with us last year either yet I still acknowledge he went 5-0 with us as a starter.

Wins are wins, but they are also a team accomplishment. QB Record is a completely broken stat and saying "Hill went 3-1" highlights this. If your goal is to get wins, there is no way you should be happy with starting Hill under center.

Splakavellie504

Superstar
Daps
Bro its a clear alot of these dudes dont watch Saints games. Thats why they're always bashing Taysom and calling MT13 slant boy.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Is this the new wave now? To backload contracts to free up extra cap? First it was Brady and the Bucs, and now it seems like everyone else will follow suit.....

The GOAT sets the trends, while y’all follow :wow:

EDIT: I’m just trolling Brehs, Saints not doing shyt next season anyway :lolbron:

Motherfukka the Saints been doing this for YEARS:mjlol::pachaha:

:dwillhuh:

Restructuring is old news breh....

Be a shameless stan making a clueless post and try to dismiss it as trolling to save face, brehs.
BkIFJBS.jpg

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Let me ask this question..... theoretically speaking if a player wanted out bad enough couldn’t they just restructure their deal until the team had no other choice but cut them or eat the amount of the contract?

Not sure why more players don’t do it if they want out of a situation bad enough. Just say no when the team comes and asks for a restructure.

It doesn’t work like that. Both parties have to agree to the new contract. A player or team can’t just say I’m going to restructure my/a players contract.

Think TO after the 2004 season. He was under contract with the Eagles long term but wanted a new deal after the super bowl season. TO’s contract was favorable to the Eagles so they didn’t have any reason to restructure his deal.

If I’m a nfl player with a position of power and on the verge of signing somewhere.. I’d get my contracts front loaded, with as much guaranteed money as possible and a huge signing bonus. That’s how players win and get paid when it comes to nfl contracts.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
All that to spread $9.6M signing bonus (guaranteed money):russ:

Taysom probably part of the trolling too otherwise most players gotta be insulted if a team offered this type of contract. Like you're too stupid and we're gonna fool you with these big numbers type of shyt:troll:

Or maybe Taysom is dumb as shyt :mjlol:

broller

Veteran
Daps
It doesn’t work like that. Both parties have to agree to the new contract. A player or team can’t just say I’m going to restructure my/a players contract.

Think TO after the 2004 season. He was under contract with the Eagles long term but wanted a new deal after the super bowl season. TO’s contract was favorable to the Eagles so they didn’t have any reason to restructure his deal.

If I’m a nfl player with a position of power and on the verge of signing somewhere.. I’d get my contracts front loaded, with as much guaranteed money as possible and a huge signing bonus. That’s how players win and get paid when it comes to nfl contracts.

word. to add to that, if I were a QB, I'd be willing to take 1 to 2 year deals with LARGE money. I wouldn't be trying to sign long deals like Mahomes. QBs have never been more protected and you can still get paid coming off an injury (example Dak).

Cousins signed 2 yr, 66 million and it's all guaranteed. He's not even upper echelon. Think of what Mahomes, Russ, Deshaun, Rodgers etc could be getting if they did that.

Kirk Cousins