Talk me out of getting a Charger Scatpack

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps

:russ: TBH..the color options and appearance/performance packages that Chrysler is offering on the Last Call Chargers and Challengers is :patrice:. I'm not a Dodge guy, but I'm half tempted to call our Chrysler store and see what employee pricing is on one of those. Might have to buy one of them, leave it stock, then pull it back out in 20 years :russ:

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
:russ: TBH..the color options and appearance/performance packages that Chrysler is offering on the Last Call Chargers and Challengers is :patrice:. I'm not a Dodge guy, but I'm half tempted to call our Chrysler store and see what employee pricing is on one of those. Might have to buy one of them, leave it stock, then pull it back out in 20 years :russ:

Ain’t gon lie. I know they made a bunch of them but I wouldn’t doubt that in 20 yrs you’d be hard pressed to fine a completely never modified stock scat pack/Hellcat. And when I say never modified I’m talking engine AND body.

Most scats and hellcats I see are riced out with wings, light kits, tinted windows, and stickers everywhere with a loud ass exhaust :mjlol:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Spend 60K to have what everybody else has...

If you are doing it for status...do you.

There are dozens of more interesting things to do with 60K if you're a car guy.

What should he get then? Europeans are expensive to maintain and you have to get rid of them at 50k miles. Hemi will hit 150k easy. Japanese don't have V8s nor performance.

Only other option is for him to build car.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
What should he get then? Europeans are expensive to maintain and you have to get rid of them at 50k miles. Hemi will hit 150k easy. Japanese don't have V8s nor performance.

You don't have to get rid of a car at 50K miles. Depends on how you maintain it, and there are extended warranties.

I don't agree with you on no performance Japanese vehicles. Lexus RCF and ISF are V8 examples...

Depends on his taste. You have the Z, Supra, WRX, Civic Type R, Infiniti Q60 etc.

To your point of building...

Yes. You could get most anything classic, Chevelle SS, Monte, Regal, Any Impala, Coupe Deville, etc done for about 60 and it will keep its value.

I personally have the knowledge and desire to build.

Not everything is for everybody.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus

The answer to the question is whatever he wants at the end of the day.

Buy what makes you happy. Stop giving a fukk about what other people want.

Veteran
Daps
You don't have to get rid of a car at 50K miles. Depends on how you maintain it, and there are extended warranties.

I don't agree with you on no performance Japanese vehicles. Lexus RCF and ISF are V8 examples...

Depends on his taste. You have the Z, Supra, WRX, Civic Type R, Infiniti Q60 etc.

To your point of building...

Yes. You could get most anything classic, Chevelle SS, Monte, Regal, Any Impala, Coupe Deville, etc done for about 60 and it will keep its value.

I personally have the knowledge and desire to build.

Not everything is for everybody.

Either way, you have to get rid of a European car, they aren't meant for long term. Once that warranty is up, it's over with. And we not gone talk about possibly getting stranded.

So if you don't want a car note forever, European ain't it. Japanese cars, followed by American cars last for 15+ years and easy to work on. If you're ok with a car note, then yeah keep trading the European for another.

Veteran
Daps
The answer to the question is whatever he wants at the end of the day.

Buy what makes you happy. Stop giving a fukk about what other people want.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded.

He was asking about buying a Scat Pack, people was suggesting other options which weren't really good choices. A BMW M5 is crazy expensive to maintain. If money is no option, then yeah go that route.

If we going the 'rare' daily driver route, then he'll have to build something modern. A Lexus GSF supercharged is a good option. Or Cadillac CTSv.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus

He was asking about buying a Scat Pack, people was suggesting other options which weren't really good choices. A BMW M5 is crazy expensive to maintain. If money is no option, then yeah go that route.

If we going the 'rare' daily driver route, then he'll have to build something modern. A Lexus GSF supercharged is a good option. Or Cadillac CTSv.

The bolded means that other people's wants/opinions/desires don't really matter. It's your money.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus

The caddy might be tough. Good example.

Adonai

Pro
Daps
No it ain't. That's only European cars.

Read the Mopar forums. Dudes are getting 100k+ miles on Hemi

I mean the engines hold up but the interior is straight doodoo breh. I had a 2016 charger and the door panels were peeling near the window and near the center console at 40k miles. Had to sell it with the quickness. Plus it had max squeaks overall.

Veteran
Daps
I mean the engines hold up but the interior is straight doodoo breh. I had a 2016 charger and the door panels were peeling near the window and near the center console at 40k miles. Had to sell it with the quickness. Plus it had max squeaks overall.

Mopar owners don't care about interior. It's a Mean mugging muscle car. I have a 2015 Durango and it looks immaculate, not sure what's wrong with yours.

Get you a German if you want luxury interior, just make sure you get rid of it after 60k miles because they don't last. :yeshrug:Don't get me wrong, I'd love a RS7, but you need hella bank.

Or you can go for Lexus GSF or Cadillac, but dudes complain about them interiors too.