Talk me into buying a Gaming Monitor brehs...

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Meet the bar? Something at least 120hz with FreeSync/G-Sync Compat. This will please most individuals.

Something great? High refresh and high motion clarity. You'll need BFI/MBR/whatever pulsing method on your display, but tuned right it will be like going back to CRT clarity.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Talk you into buying a gaming monitor?
Consider this: Back in the BF4 days, I played (xbox one) on a big 50" LG plasma, Loved the game, but I sucked at it. KD was 0.67. Once I put together my gaming rig, I got a an ASUS gaming monitor with like 9ms input lag, compared to whatever high input that TV had. KD went up to 1.13 (still not a great number, but the jump from where I was at before is huge).

Now, a lot of newer TVs have kinda narrowed the gap when it comes to input lag (still not as good as the better monitors, but enough to the point where you may not notice much unless you're a pro player), but that often comes with a huge price difference as well (the monitor i linked below has input lag between 3.8 and 4.7ms and I paid $270 for it, whereas my LG C1 has input lag between 5.2 and 10.1 and I paid $1300 for it).

If you don't want to break the bank on a top of the line monitor, take a look at this one: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-s...port-hdmi-accent-grey/6421624.p?skuId=6421624

Great motion handling, very low input lag, looks good, and its relatively cheap for what you're getting.

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Nah if u game for more than 10 hours a week I’d probably buy a monitor. If you play first person shooters you are putting urself at a disadvantage without a monitor. and you see a lot better on a monitor vs a big ass tv on a couch.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Hmm. Yeah the one you're looking at looks fine to buy. Seems abit... i mean for that price id just save my money and get a 40+" LG. Especially if its going to replace your TV. But yeah cant go wrong with it. You may wish you had gone bigger later down the line i feel like.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
my Samsung TV finally biting the bullet (stuck in boot loop) right after warranty ended :martin:

got my eyes on this Gigabyte 32MU :takedat:

any suggestions? P5 gang here and im tired of pressing buttons and easily noticing input delay :what:

free daps/rep

:blessed:

ive been gaming on THIS :scusthov:

so i just realized you posted links. the TV you're on has actually pretty low input lag for a TV (as long as you have game mode activated). it's in the 9.5ms range, where as the monitor you linked is in the 5ms range. If you're getting noticeable input lag I suspect you don't have game mode enabled or you have motion interpolation turned on. where you'll see the biggest difference is motion handling. moving objects should be clearer on that monitor, a lot moreso if you're playing in 120hz