Talk me into buying a Gaming Monitor brehs...

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
my Samsung TV finally biting the bullet (stuck in boot loop) right after warranty ended :martin:

got my eyes on this Gigabyte 32MU :takedat:

any suggestions? P5 gang here and im tired of pressing buttons and easily noticing input delay :what:

free daps/rep

:blessed:

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
Do you need a gaming monitor???:patrice:

this is my question to all my arcadium brehs.. id rather do a cheap TV/gaming monitor then a big azz TV that has my character moving .5 seconds after i press a button :mjcry:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you want minimum input lag, you need to go ahead and get a monitor. If you do get a TV, you have to do your research and specifically find one that is geared around gaming. There are a lot of resources/Youtube videos/forums online that have info on pretty much any model TV you can think of that will let you know if the set is good or bad for gaming.

Good luck

:salute:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
  • What games you usually play
  • Gaming monitors are pretty legit if you desire certain framerate for competitive shooters
  • If you are not PC gaming, you might as well just get a 40 something inch TV with 4K since some of them actually have 60-120 framerate
  • Gaming monitors you need to be weary of input delay (1 to 3ms>>>>>>>>>>>anything higher)

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
  • What games you usually play
  • Gaming monitors are pretty legit if you desire certain framerate for competitive shooters
  • If you are not PC gaming, you might as well just get a 40 something inch TV with 4K since some of them actually have 60-120 framerate
  • Gaming monitors you need to be weary of input delay (1 to 3ms>>>>>>>>>>>anything higher)

Apex, FIFA , 2k, Elden Ring, GOW.. it dont matter really.. i notice the input lag playing fifa/apex mostly as those are the games im pretty good at.. the more competetive the match the more i notice lil shyts that i think trace back to my TV.. also play wired connection. I think my samsung TV only had 60hz refresh rate that may be the big outlier

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
my post had a link to my TV on amazon my bad

if your using a game console just get a better tv...:dahell: maybe there's something in the settings you can change to reduce the lag. its funny i only heard of lag with PC games... not consoles... or maybe its the new age smart tv's idk..:manny:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Night and day difference on monitor. Smooth as butter, no lag. Even with these new tvs with ALLM the difference is highly noticeable.

If you want to get a tv that performs as well as a gaming monitor you're going to be spending $$$.

I had my Series S on a tv the other week and am so happy to go back to my monitor. Games feel brand new like they got a frames patch.

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
Night and day difference on monitor. Smooth as butter, no lag. Even with these new tvs with ALLM the difference is highly noticeable.

If you want to get a tv that performs as well as a gaming monitor you're going to be spending $$$.

I had my Series S on a tv the other week and am so happy to go back to my monitor. Games feel brand new like they got a frames patch.

:salute: