TakeTwo: GTA V and RDR2 sales slowing down, both manage to crawl past 175m and 50m copies sold

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Looks like It may be time for rockstar to put out a new game

Zo87Ri8.png

QpuMNU1.png

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
RDR2 is probably the highest selling game released in the past 5 years that I have absolutely ZERO interest in playing :ld:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Absolutely insane how soon they washed their hands of this game, there has to be a story there. It’s not like they’ve been busy releasing shyt since 2018

Instrumental in some of the most beloved and hated games in history, including the Grand Theft Auto titles, Houser is credited as a writer on nearly all of Rockstar's titles. One of his most recent creations was Red Dead Redemption 2, a massive and sprawling game that, as he once told New York magazine, required employees to work 100-hour weeks to complete.

------------

Just guessing, but I think that the reason for abandoning RDR2 has something to do with this situation. Any time a co-founder of a company like this leaves unceremoniously eyebrows should raise.

It sucks because I would love new SP content for RDR2 or even a PS5 patch or something.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Instrumental in some of the most beloved and hated games in history, including the Grand Theft Auto titles, Houser is credited as a writer on nearly all of Rockstar's titles. One of his most recent creations was Red Dead Redemption 2, a massive and sprawling game that, as he once told New York magazine, required employees to work 100-hour weeks to complete.

------------

Just guessing, but I think that the reason for abandoning RDR2 has something to do with this situation. Any time a co-founder of a company like this leaves unceremoniously eyebrows should raise.

It sucks because I would love new SP content for RDR2 or even a PS5 patch or something.

I remember everyone thinking we were getting get single player dlc after we all saw that they added in huge parts of the old map into the game