System Shock (2023) (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4) (May 30, 2023)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
reviews coming in

a lot of people not liking it because it's too faithful to the original 90's PC game, with no hand holding, and high difficulty. sounds good to me :demonic:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
game is great so far. atmosphere is top notch. I can already see how Prey (2017) borrowed a lot from this game

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
" Witness the rebirth of one of the greatest and most influential games ever created."

Always heard of this game, but never played it. Anyone care to list how/why this statement above is said about it tho, along with naming some games so influenced by it? From everything that the game shows to be, my interest level is a semi, at best tbh.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
" Witness the rebirth of one of the greatest and most influential games ever created."

Always heard of this game, but never played it. Anyone care to list how/why this statement above is said about it tho, along with naming some games so influenced by it? From everything that the game shows to be, my interest level is a semi, at best tbh.
System shock is basically the precursor to the Bioshock series. Action adventure shooter with elements of psychological horror in the narrative.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Now THIS is how you remake a game. Updated graphics and QOL but retain the original's difficulty and intent at least that is what it seems so far which is a good thing. I can't count how many runs of the original game I did back in the day.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
game is so good :banderas:

just made it to level 2, Research. just been exploring, and trying to figure out where I haven't been yet. writing down pass codes on paper and shyt. this is my kind of game :blessed:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
finally beat this last night. great game and definitely my GOTY so far

I never played the original, and beating this without a guide was tough. it took a lot of reading back over audio logs, and backtracking. Steam's new 'notes' feature also came in handy. overall the game does an amazing job of piecing together a story, and objectives, through audio logs. you just have to get away from that modern game mindset, where audio logs are additional info to flesh out the story, and can be ignored

I played on the default difficulty (all 2's), and the game is pretty challenging, with some serious difficulty spikes in some areas. ammo, resources, and your inventory space is limited. you definitely have to pick and choose what weapons you carry. there is a handy storage elevator, that can travel between levels, but it doesn't have much space either. the game does have item persistence, so you can store something in a container, and come back to get it later (until the 'point of no return' late in the game)

atmosphere was great. like I said before, it reminded me of Prey(2017). it also reminded me of Alien Isolation. I wouldn't call it a horror game, but I definitely felt anxiety playing it. I usually needed a break after beating a level

the main antagonist (Shodan) was great, with it's humorous distain for humanity. boss fights were good, but I found an easy way to cheese most of them

overall the lack of handholding made the game feel very engaging. you had to stop and think, write down pass codes, and pay attention. and overcoming these challenges felt very rewarding

great game. definitely check it out if you like first person immersive sims, and/or a good sci-fi FPS

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
finally beat this last night. great game and definitely my GOTY so far

I never played the original, and beating this without a guide was tough. it took a lot of reading back over audio logs, and backtracking. Steam's new 'notes' feature also came in handy. overall the game does an amazing job of piecing together a story, and objectives, through audio logs. you just have to get away from that modern game mindset, where audio logs are additional info to flesh out the story, and can be ignored

I played on the default difficulty (all 2's), and the game is pretty challenging, with some serious difficulty spikes in some areas. ammo, resources, and your inventory space is limited. you definitely have to pick and choose what weapons you carry. there is a handy storage elevator, that can travel between levels, but it doesn't have much space either. the game does have item persistence, so you can store something in a container, and come back to get it later (until the 'point of no return' late in the game)

atmosphere was great. like I said before, it reminded me of Prey(2017). it also reminded me of Alien Isolation. I wouldn't call it a horror game, but I definitely felt anxiety playing it. I usually needed a break after beating a level

the main antagonist (Shodan) was great, with it's humorous distain for humanity. boss fights were good, but I found an easy way to cheese most of them

overall the lack of handholding made the game feel very engaging. you had to stop and think, write down pass codes, and pay attention. and overcoming these challenges felt very rewarding

great game. definitely check it out if you like first person immersive sims, and/or a good sci-fi FPS
This the most I've ever seen you talk about actually playing a game. Proud of you.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
So is they ever going to release this game on console?

I haven’t checked Microsoft store but I know for a fact it’s not on psn right now