We Gonna Pay Ya.....and Gonna Blow Ya Azz To The Muthafukkin Sky
images
:win:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I respect any old head who can name Wu tang albums off the top of their head like that

I disagree with sampling being stealing tho, however there have been many examples of producers straight stealing an old song, changing very little and adding drums. Both Kayne and Just Blaze have been guilty of this in the past.

The best producers can take a sample and create a totally new sound with it to the point that you didn't even realize it was a sample

MMM

Daps
Reppin
UK
I respect any old head who can name Wu tang albums off the top of their head like that

I disagree with sampling being stealing tho, however there have been many examples of producers straight stealing an old song, changing very little and adding drums. Both Kayne and Just Blaze have been guilty of this in the past.

The best producers can take a sample and create a totally new sound with it to the point that you didn't even realize it was a sample

yeah i agree although it is somewhat impressive sometimes on how they found the sample and getting the right drums.

but to me rza is the most creative sampler, and he makes his own melody's too e.g. rainy days.

• Dap
Reactions: Tom

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

I was sorta upset he said it was stealing too, but the bolded part made me think. :ohhh:.......so folks have been making tracks and have blended the sample so well, you don't know its a sample...

SwagmundFreud

Superstar
Daps

DJ Shadow comes to mind.

Joe Chink

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was quite surprised...Then again RZA has good relationships with older musician. They respect his style, even Isaac Hayes.