Albums Swizz Beatz - Poison (Discussion Thread)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
How does he treat his beats?
He LOVES to chop up a loop into 8 exact parts. You can literally sing along to it when you count it off too.

And the drum usually go Kick...snare....kick-kick(optional 3rd), snare, repeat.

Example:

He'll switch it up from time to time but that's his go-to formula along with a fake vinyl crackle.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
He LOVES to chop up a loop into 8 exact parts. You can literally sing along to it when you count it off too.

Example:

He'll switch it up from time to time but that's his go-to formula along with a fake vinyl crackle.

Not familiar with his work ...just heard his syuff on Ortiz project....going peep what u saying

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Man this Nas joint :wow:, sounds like what he should have made after Life Is Good, not that NASIR shyt.

Random having Cole as the EP though, I wonder what he actually did on here.

The Kenny / Lox joint was a disappointment, was hoping Kenny would actually spit with them.

This King Push :lawd:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Example:

I first noticed this in the way he chopped horn samples on his records. Same patterns over and over. That being said at one point I was loving an Apollo album every year. The OC one, The Left album, Hassan Mackey's album, etc were all dope despite the chopping and drum issues.