Switched flat bench for weighted dips and the gains are :wow:

Daps
my rotator cuff is fukked. i tell ppl the shyt i have to deal with and they don't believe me. and it's both arms eh ...

its true, if you are having shoulder problems go get checked asap. forget about gym and getting swole. matter of fact don't touch anything (weights i mean) until you have talked to a professional. furthermore, make sure the professional you are talking to has actually dealt with this issue before (e.g. in the context of sport injuries). unless a doctor has dealt with rc injuries specifically you should really take their recommendations / advice with a grain of salt. i had to get 3rd and 4th opinions and it was a game of medical hot potato as i was being bounced from one doc to another, it was not fun ....

How long was it before you got back into the gym?

Daps
How long was it before you got back into the gym?

i'm back at the gym but i'm doing very special exercises to strengthen my shouldler. i'd avoided gym for at least 6 months because i didn't want to screw up my rc's any further, i was experiencing quite frequent / severe shoulder subluxation. i was very scared that i'd have to be opened up for surgery but the doc said i should do my exercises. i've been doing them for a while and i have been fine, but i'm still living a very limited lifestyle (no basketball, no vigorous physical activity involving my arms, have to sleep in a special position) so I wouldn't wish this on anybody. the moment you discover something is wrong go to the doc like asap and put those weights down. if you ignore it like i did the problem will get worse and worse.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Yea every exercise isn't meant for everyone. Dips and flat bench been in the bushes for years. One of the best decisions I've made regarding my routine.

Real talk,....if your shoulder is ack'n all funny from dips.
Get your rotator cuff checked out in that area.

Just know if it is rc,...i wanna say that is thirteen months of no lifting. Made up of eight months rest no lifting and four monthsrl rehab to get to the water weights.

Art Barr

Nah at worse you'll rehab the same length as if you had surgery (generally 7-8 months to get back to "athletic" status), but rehabilitative exercises would/should have been incorporated months before that point.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont fukk with dips because i can never seem to get the form right.

Daps
i'm back at the gym but i'm doing very special exercises to strengthen my shouldler. i'd avoided gym for at least 6 months because i didn't want to screw up my rc's any further, i was experiencing quite frequent / severe shoulder subluxation. i was very scared that i'd have to be opened up for surgery but the doc said i should do my exercises. i've been doing them for a while and i have been fine, but i'm still living a very limited lifestyle (no basketball, no vigorous physical activity involving my arms, have to sleep in a special position) so I wouldn't wish this on anybody. the moment you discover something is wrong go to the doc like asap and put those weights down. if you ignore it like i did the problem will get worse and worse.

:whew: you dodged a bullet.

I remember about a year ago,I fukked my elbow up and couldn't lift for 2 months. From there on always made sure I was extra careful