Switch occupies all 30 slots in top 30 in Japan. First time a console has ever done this.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I never seen a grown man playing a switch on a plane

the library of games on the switch are catered to kids, plus who the hell wants to play games on a little ass screen, it's not that serious, grown men have dedicated rooms and setups dedicated to gaming, ain't nobody trying to play some fake retro game on 720p screen in public lmao

you can't be serious
I take my switch on every flight, play that shyt for 5 mins and :unimpressed: immediately put that shyt away. Every single time. Gotta out of state trip coming up next week. Prepared to do it then too.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m saying

that because Yakuza is so popular in Japan and Handhelds dominate Japan it would be amazing to see the theoretical sales figures:wow:

Nagoshi won’t do it cause he’s still bitter about the Wii U ports of Yakuza 1&2 flatlining on release and said the Switch is too childish for Yakuza.

He got demoted from CCO shortly afterwards. :skip:

Daps
Nagoshi won’t do it cause he’s still bitter about the Wii U ports of Yakuza 1&2 flatlining on release and said the Switch is too childish for Yakuza.

He got demoted from CCO shortly afterwards. :skip:
:mjlol: Put a PS2 HD upres on a failed
system only in Japan and be mad at the low sales brehs

If it was Kiwami 1 & 2 on the switch Worldwide
At the height of Yakuza’s popularity which is pretty much now it would tell a different story

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
PS5 basically abandoned the Japanese market...sony moved they HQ to Cali in 2016 and been on some fukk Japan shyt ever since

Nintendo is the only game in town

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PS5 basically abandoned the Japanese market...sony moved they HQ to Cali in 2016 and been on some fukk Japan shyt ever since

Nintendo is the only game in town
that's pretty crazy for a Japanese company to do, no?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that's pretty crazy for a Japanese company to do, no?

they started as a japanese company, they've pretty much become a global entertainment company since playstation was founded. Their music and movie division aren't based in japan either

I think the thing with japan is their technology strives for getting smaller/compact and western tech is about increasing in size. We want larger stationary stuff and larger screen sizes and more power. I think sony is probably just ok with funding the bigger AAA japanese games with global appeal at this point and making up for lost sales with their new mobile gaming division there. even those 3rd party japanese publishers are trying harder to appeal to the west. Companies like capcom, Square Enix, Konami, Team Ninja, even Bandai Namco who mostly make anime-centric and licensed games sell better here now.

ex, resident evil 8:

Resident Evil Village launch sales in Japan were series's worst since 2005

sold like shyt in japan. But it cleaned up in the UK and North America.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Quote the part where i said japan doesn’t matter. I’ll wait…:sas2:
Keep that same energy....
now we're moving goal post lol the xbox sold 28 million consoles here, if it were a beloved american brand, thats pretty bad. Even for the 360 it was bad just barely edging out the ps3. If a console is going to only be favored in one market, that should lead you to believe that it should be clearly dominant in that market as well.

:sas1: