Switch is now Nintendo's best selling home console (103 million sold)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm sure a lot of them do but unless its exclusive, its really hard to port something meant for current-gen over to switch. Even the Witcher 3 port was seen as a near-miracle and it looks pretty bad on the tv. Immortals Feynx rising was pretty awful too in terms of graphic quality.

NBA 2K at 30FPS :scust:

SkaterXL was announced for switch when the game launched for PS4/Xbox and they even showed a demo for it at E3. Then the devs just quietly never released it while they added mod content and a bunch of other shyt to the console versions:dead: Switch probably can't handle the physics engine

They just delayed life is strange remaster and something else on switch also. It just can’t handle a lot of 3rd party games or the devs just dont feel like its worth it to try and port it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I'll be honest if performance is comparable to consoles (obviously not PC) like Nocturne, Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles I'm fine with just getting it on switch. Playing portable is very comfortable honestly. Issue is that now that we are in the PS5 and XSX generation that is not going to be the case anymore. It is hard to justify playing on the Switch for anything but exclusives and Indies. I imagine by 2025 we get some kind of dock upgrade to lengthen the Switch's life cycle. Or even a next-gen switch.

Having all of Nintendo's IP's main series under 1 system is nice to have. This year looks like a strong year for Nintendo. Hopefully BOTW 2 and Bayo 3's performances are at least tolerable enough to play in handheld mode. Granted I really don't want XC 3 and MP4 until we get stronger hardware tbh.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Third parties should legit be making switch edition games at this point. 100 million consoles is definitely something not to go unwatched. I expect Nintendo to always be going hybrid going forward.

They basically merged their handheld with their home console. After decades of everyone falling over themselves to make games for the Gameboy/DS, anyone not making games for the Switch is pouring jelly on themselves

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the real goal line tho is PS2 sales…it’s gonna make a legit run at surpassing it…I’ve bought 2 (3 if the switch lite counts toward sales)…only have one now tho that’s been shelved…debating trading it in with the hope that they drop a more powerful switch in a couple years

*edit*

PS2 sold 155M units…that number is definitely attainable if they drop a new (powerful) switch model in a year or two

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Say what you will about the hardware but coming off of a console that sold 13 million LTD to 103 million and counting is a unprecedented turnaround.

*Switch now pointing at the PS4 sales like a Wrestlemania sign*
Is the Wrestlemania sign still on fire or is it extinguish? :lupe: