Switch Finally Gets Bluetooth Audio support

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
The Switch has now caught up with the PSP.:skip:

Nintendo sets their own pace :wow:

Welcome to 2014 Nintendo :unimpressed:

I hate Nintendo and I hate myself for buying their shyt. Why the fukk it take so long to add this feature :stopitslime:

:what:Hold up, why are yall clowning Nintendo? As far as I can tell none of the consoles support bluetooth headphones. They deserve shyt for a lot of stuff but this ain't it.

Nahmeanz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:Hold up, why are yall clowning Nintendo? As far as I can tell none of the consoles support bluetooth headphones. They deserve shyt for a lot of stuff but this ain't it.

The difference is that the Switch had this capability the whole time, they just decided to turn on after 4.5 years. Also it’s a portable.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
one thing is they needed the bandwidth to support multiple controllers. with this update, you can only use two wireless controllers while using bluetooth audio

the other thing is bluetooth audio tends to have a lot of latency (lag, delay, etc). you won't notice it just listening to music, or whatever, but it might be noticeable while playing games. I definitely noticed it just navigating the menus

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It works but there's definitely noticeable delay, even on the main menu.

Guess I'll keep this aux cable in here after all :francis:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
The difference is that the Switch had this capability the whole time, they just decided to turn on after 4.5 years. Also it’s a portable.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all the consoles utilize bluetooth? They intentionally block headphones because of latency. Nintendo is the first to do away with the limitation.

Love that song but point taken.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
It had this capability the whole time? :pacspit:

The main reason I got the SteelSeries 7P instead of the Pro Wireless was to have the bluetooth dongle to use on the Switch and PS5.

The 7P is much better on pretty much every front compared to a BT setup on the Switch.