Switch 2 coming this year according to Bloomberg. 8 inch LCD Screen

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Day one.

Expecting Preorders to go live sometime in the summer, come out September.

I plan on getting it from Best Buy. Yes, I buy all my games at Gamestop but I hate their bundling practices for consoles so I tend to get hardware from Best Buy. Got my Quest 3 and my Rog Ally from there.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll see how i feel when they reveal what the launch titles are. Theres no breath of the wild to immediately look me this time around
Without BOTW I probably would have waited until Odyssey. The next 3D Mario is probably what I imagine gets me the next Switch, with no Zelda on the horizon

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People have already decided this is gonna be a great success, but i don’t think so.

Nintendo consoles tend to go up and down.

Switch was held up by Wii U games at launch.

Unless they got some bangers hidden away somewhere ready for this year, i don’t see people upgrading to switch 2 just to play the same games they already have on switch.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
People have already decided this is gonna be a great success, but i don’t think so.

Nintendo consoles tend to go up and down.

Switch was held up by Wii U games at launch.

Unless they got some bangers hidden away somewhere ready for this year, i don’t see people upgrading to switch 2 just to play the same games they already have on switch.

In handhelds, Nintendo got it on lock. Look at the Game Boy to Game Boy Color to Game Boy Advance. Like DS going into the 3DS.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In handhelds, Nintendo got it on lock. Look at the Game Boy to Game Boy Color to Game Boy Advance. Like DS going into the 3DS.
But they still always have some new unique software or hardware feature to sell people on upgrading.

Most nintendo fans aren’t the type to care much about graphics or performance, and it doesn’t seem the switch 2 is gonna be adding anything other than upgraded hardware.

I just don’t see how nintendo convinces their core customers to run out and spend $4-500 on new hardware just for upgraded specs

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
But they still always have some new unique software or hardware feature to sell people on upgrading.

Most nintendo fans aren’t the type to care much about graphics or performance, and it doesn’t seem the switch 2 is gonna be adding anything other than upgraded hardware.

I just don’t see how nintendo convinces their core customers to run out and spend $4-500 on new hardware just for upgraded specs
if it's BC, they will.

like @Wild self said, look at GB > GBA...that's basically graphics/performance upgrades.

the gimmick thing didnt really take off until the DS, and even the the first lifecycle of the DS included a GBA port as a fall back in case the DS crashed and burned.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
if it's BC, they will.

like @Wild self said, look at GB > GBA...that's basically graphics/performance upgrades.

the gimmick thing didnt really take off until the DS, and even the the first lifecycle of the DS included a GBA port as a fall back in case the DS crashed and burned.
GB to GBA was a huge leap, and they had a bunch of software ready to go that could not run on GB.

I don’t think switch 2 will flop or anything, i just see people have already made up their mind it will match or top the switch success and i don’t think it will.

Time will tell :ehh:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
GB to GBA was a huge leap, and they had a bunch of software ready to go that could not run on GB.

I don’t think switch 2 will flop or anything, i just see people have already made up their mind it will match or top the switch success and i don’t think it will.

Time will tell :ehh:
GBA's launch was abysmal. I should know, I bought one at launch.

this was the launch

Super Mario Advance (Nintendo)
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Nintendo)
Army Men Advance (3DO)
High Heat Baseball 2002 (3DO)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater (Activision)
Dodge Ball Advance (Atlus)
Fire Pro Wrestling (BAM)
Top Gear GT Championship (Kemco)
Tweety and the Magic Jewel (Kemco)
Fortress (Majesco)
Iridion 3D (Majesco)
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Majesco)
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Midway)
ChuChu Rocket! (Sega)
Rayman (Ubi Soft)

Mario Advance was just mario 2 all-stars. only game i had for a while, until the good stuff started to drop...but my previous library of GB/C titles held it down, since they were BC. I didn't really care/like the other launch titles.

no comment on if it'll match/do better than the switch's success...but my main point was, if it's BC, early adopters (and a good amount of core) will cop if it has BC, and no real new gimmicks attached.

besides, gimmicks can backfire, look at the wii-u.