‘Swamp Thing’ Series Produced by James Wan in the Works at DC Universe (Cancelled)

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Crystal Reed cast as Abbie Arcane

FFFpoHO.png

Gotham’s Crystal Reed is returning to the DC TV universe as the female lead in Swamp Thing, the upcoming streaming drama series based on the DC characters created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. The project, which hails from James Wan’s Atomic Monster in association with Warner Bros. Television, is set to premiere in 2019 on the DC Universe digital subscription service.

‘Swamp Thing’: Crystal Reed To Star As Abby Arcane In DC Universe Series

the bra was fitted well indeed

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Swamp Thing' Pilot Begins Production

DC Universe's Swamp Thing is officially becoming a reality.

Series star Crystal Reed recently took to social media to share a behind-the-scenes photo of the series beginning production. The photo, which you can check out below, features Len Wiseman, who is directing the pilot episode, standing behind a camera, with the caption "#dayone".

Reed will be playing Abby Arcane in the series, starring alongside Andy Bean as Alec Holland and Derek Mears as the Swamp Thing creature. The cast will also include Kevin Durand as Floronic Man, Henderson Wade as Matt Cable, Maria Sten as Liz Tremayne, Jeryl Prescott as Madame Xanadu, Will Patton as General Sunderland, and Virginia Madsen as Maria Sunderland.

Swamp Thing follows Abby Arcane as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. When unexplainable and chilling horrors emerge from the murky marsh, no one is safe. The series is expected to draw inspiration from Alan Moore's iconic run, particularly the "Anatomy Lesson" issue.

Swamp Thing was first given a script-to-series order in May of this year, to the delight of DC Comics and horror fans alike. The project will be co-written by Mark Verheiden (Daredevil, Battlestar Galactica) and Gary Dauberman (It), who will serve as showrunners. The pilot will be directed by Underworld director Len Wiseman. Aquaman director James Wan is set to executive produce, alongside Atomic Monster's Michael Clear, with Atomic Monster's Rob Hackett set to co-produce.

"This is one, when you talked earlier about the rating for The Nun, we always set out to make Swamp Thing as hard R as we could and go graphic with the violence, with the adult themes and make it as scary as possible," producer Gary Dauberman explained in a recent interview. "Because we’re doing it through the DC streaming service, they really pushed us, although they didn’t have to push hard, for us to go as extreme as we could. We really took our inspiration from the Alan Moore run in Swamp Thing, this landmark I think run. Fans of that series will know it gets pretty weird and extreme and scary. We really wanted to live up to that standard that Moore set up back in the ‘80s."

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
https://www.starnewsonline.com/news...UTQfuleQojaDhhUlMZc57EhHMmRi6i5-RLI3NM8rRfqFY

Actress Virginia Madsen confirmed production of DC Universe’s Wilmington-shot series to end early as Warner Bros. evaluates future of DC Universe streaming service

WILMINGTON -- The locally filmed television series “Swamp Thing” has found itself bogged down by some unexpected news.

The currently in-production project is being shut down earlier than expected as its producer, Warner Bros., evaluates the future of its DC Universe streaming service, on which the series was scheduled to premiere May 31, according to several sources within the local industry.

Actress Virginia Madsen confirmed the shut down Wednesday morning on Instagram with a post that read: “I’m beyond sad. What a terrible decision. We have been cut to the core by those who have never set foot into the Swamp. And despite the rule I am going to use the hashtag. #swampthing.”

The post was deleted minutes later.

Local crew members were notified of the unexpected development Tuesday night, and were told the project would wrap production on episode 10 and then halt as writers and producers rewrite an ending. Initially, the show was scheduled to film 13 episodes through May.

It is unclear when that new ending would be shot in Wilmington, though several more days of reshoots for previously filmed episodes are expected.

The series has made significant investments in the region, estimating it would spend around $85 million locally on its entire first season, according to film grant applications filed with the state.

Ruh roh :lupe:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are they shutting down the DC streaming Service they spent so much time and money to set up??? Or do they feel it's redundant and will move all DC content to the WARNER MEDIA streaming service?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Are they shutting down the DC streaming Service they spent so much time and money to set up??? Or do they feel it's redundant and will move all DC content to the WARNER MEDIA streaming service?

No, they're just cutting back on Swamp Thing because they went over budget

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
No, they're just cutting back on Swamp Thing because they went over budget

Good I was about to be upset. Titans and Doom Patrol have been really good. I heard the XBox app is supposed to arrive soon. Having to watch on my laptop has sucked a bit.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Good I was about to be upset. Titans and Doom Patrol have been really good. I heard the XBox app is supposed to arrive soon. Having to watch on my laptop has sucked a bit.

Haven't subscribed yet, but hope they have a PS4 app by the end of the year :francis: