"Survivors Remorse" on Starz anybody watch it?

shonuff

All Star
Daps
My only point of concern is that for a show with an all Black casts, the portrayals are a little stereotypical, especially in it's portrayal of women. I mean his sister is a leech who guilts him into supporting her. He has a ratchet azz mama, and his wife is a controlling harpy. He has a ghetto slacker uncle. I mean Starz has this and power. It's entertaining to watch but I see few positive shows painting Blacks in a more positive and nuanced light. I mean Black-ish is the most positive show and even then I have issues with it.

well its called survivors guilt

if you from the hood how many people are around you that are just like those characters? lat alone have those people in his immediate family

plenty of stories about dudes who are about to make that leap into college or even go pro have some less than savory or just plain old ratchet family members

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
well its called survivors guilt

if you from the hood how many people are around you that are just like those characters? lat alone have those people in his immediate family

plenty of stories about dudes who are about to make that leap into college or even go pro have some less than savory or just plain old ratchet family members

I understand that but still the character lack nuance. Just saying. But it's still early and there is potential.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I understand that but still the character lack nuance. Just saying. But it's still early and there is potential.
they absolutely have nuance :dahell:

His sister is one of the most unique portrayals of black woman Ive ever seen on TV. She a lesbian with a Bawston accent who speaks like a random white girl towny type.

The show is good. I really like it. It is funny and has that Entourage feel.

Also Teyonnah Paris makes my dikk jump. :noah:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Just started checking it out. Good show, but I understand what some of yall mean by stereotypical. I'm digging it though. That sister is sexy too.