Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
What? Why do y’all think that when 2 was only aiight. This already looks miles better. Of course we don’t have any plot details yet to compare but just design wise sonic is not fukking with this
jim Carrey alone shytting on the whole cast of Mario.

idris as knuckles is the chef kiss.

super Sonic vs hyper shadow bout to be the new goku vs begeta.

but y’all have fun fighting penguins and turtles.

Sonic top five dead or alive off two movies

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
jim Carrey alone shytting on the whole cast of Mario.

idris as knuckles is the chef kiss.

super Sonic vs hyper shadow bout to be the new goku vs begeta.

but y’all have fun fighting penguins and turtles.

Sonic top five dead or alive off two movies
Won't go thar far. This looks cool too. But Sonic 1 was definitely dope might try to catch 2 this weekend.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
in all seriousness...should be a solid flick.

Illumination does good animated joints...saw that new Minions one w/ my Neph and it was fun.

Black as bowser will probably grow on me (another poster said it should be more gravely, and I agree...Super Show had a pretty good bowser voice back then)...I was skeptical of Sonic's voice but got used to it

Key as toad actually fits, I think. Has that annoying ass voice that was also in the cartoon.

Pratt's got an uphill battle. He's okay as an actor...but he doesn't really fit what mario would sound like..

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps

damn folk really not going to let them live down the pratt cassting :mjlol:

also, you know what i just realized weirds me about mario and i guess the rest of humanoid like characters. Theyre goddamn body proportions :picard:. I know thats consistent with the game but its so weird seeing in motion like this lmao.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been a Mariohead ever since I was a little kid, so I’m really hoping that Chris Pratt pulls this off.

Martinet might be THE voice for Mario in the games, but hearing that for a whole 2-hour movie would get annoying.

It makes a lot more sense to draw from the original backstory (where Mario and Luigi were gruff Brooklyn plumbers who got sucked into a fantasy world). Just like Captain Lou Albano in the Super Show.

If this ends up being as good as either Sonic flick :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m seeing a lot of brehs in this thread who want this movie to fail because of the SEGA/Nintendo rivalry when we were kids.
I’ve been repping Mario over Sonic my whole life, and I have to say…

I want both SEGA and Nintendo to win when it comes to movies.

Both Sonic joints were dope.
Detective Pikachu was dope.
Mortal Kombat was dope.
And if this Mario movie does well it might mean more adaptations for other games to come. Maybe that Metal Gear Solid movie might get made. Maybe a Street Fighter reboot might happen. Or a live action Zelda. I want to see some healthy competition that will encourage the production of consistent piff moving forward.

For example, look at how stagnant Marvel is today. They’re resting on their laurels and flooding the market with garbage because they know they don’t have to try anymore. Marvel has ZERO competition right now. If DC were firing on all cylinders, Marvel wouldn’t dare waste our time with all of these mid movies and shows they’ve been dropping since Endgame (besides Spider-man, which was great). Especially when they could be giving us some real characters like the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Blade, and eventually X-men.

If there’s anything we can learn from the MCU, it’s that industries need competition to stay healthy. Nintendo and Sega were both dope in the 90s because they were constantly trying to one-up each other with better and better games, and I hope that carries over with the movies.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I’m seeing a lot of brehs in this thread who want this movie to fail because of the SEGA/Nintendo rivalry when we were kids.
I’ve been repping Mario over Sonic my whole life, and I have to say…

I want both SEGA and Nintendo to win when it comes to movies.

Both Sonic joints were dope.
Detective Pikachu was dope.
Mortal Kombat was dope.
And if this Mario movie does well it might mean more adaptations for other games to come. Maybe that Metal Gear Solid movie might get made. Maybe a Street Fighter reboot might happen. Or a live action Zelda. I want to see some healthy competition that will encourage the production of consistent piff moving forward.

For example, look at how stagnant Marvel is today. They’re resting on their laurels and flooding the market with garbage because they know they don’t have to try anymore. Marvel has ZERO competition right now. If DC were firing on all cylinders, Marvel wouldn’t dare waste our time with all of these mid movies and shows they’ve been dropping since Endgame (besides Spider-man, which was great). Especially when they could be giving us some real characters like the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Blade, and eventually X-men.

If there’s anything we can learn from the MCU, it’s that industries need competition to stay healthy. Nintendo and Sega were both dope in the 90s because they were constantly trying to one-up each other with better and better games, and I hope that carries over with the movies.
ain't that series breh.

we having fun.

no one wants it to fail.

we all fans of both franchises.