Super Dark Times (Thriller) (Now on Netflix)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm in.

super_dark_times_xlg.jpg

@TheGodling We know you saw this shyt, where's your review

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
What you think?
I liked it for the most part. But it was also disturbing to see white people doing twisted shyt for no reason in light of recent events.

The fat friend was annoying as fukk it was almost a relief to no longer see him on screen. And the main character was getting the p*ssy thrown at him all movie and too shy to even kiss her :francis:

Daps
This describes it best -
Screenwriters Ben Collins and Luke Piotrowski never trace a believable path from shattered innocence to the intense climax, in part because they largely neglect, for purposes of suspense, the character whose motivations most need clarifying. That’s a vague way of saying that Super Dark Times is much sharper on the minds of ordinary teen boys than it is on what happens when those minds snap.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I ain't watching a Nan nother movie I don't know about after falling for the Oki doke of it comes at night, unless it's free

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The flick was filled to the brim with dread. I fukks with a movie whose atmosphere engulfs you right away and it was by far the biggest highlight here. I need to watch Kill Bill or something after this though. As soon as I saw the cast, I already knew who was gonna be the one to cause trouble.

rick_8258.jpg

Creh reminded me of this fakkit from Degrassi and anybody who has watched the show knows how much fukkery he caused.:aicmon:

So yeah, when Josh spiraled downward…it was no surprise. And as intense as the climax was, I did think it was a bit ridiculous how much he snapped. Dude went from shelled kid to We Need To Talk About Kevin in a heartbeat. Makes for a riveting watch but it just felt like it came outta nowhere. My main issue with the film right there.

Read one review where someone went in
blind and thought this was gonna be a 90s Superbad attempt.
HeqvunN_d.webp
…until that one moment.

Ending was rushed and left me wanting more resolution but it was a nice quick watch that didn’t take up a lot of time.

Last edited: