Sup with Japanese having a Whiskey called Nikka lmao

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
All I know is this is one of the best I’ve tried of recent

12267795382302.png

Bought a bottle for my bar, turned around had to go by a second
This looks like the equivalent of Rodney Dangerfield in Natural Born Killers to my liver.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They have a great bourbon actually. A friend of mine worked in Japan for a year and they sent her a bunch of Japanese whiskeys when she came home. We were fukking them shyts up for like a year. They literally sent a years worth of different top shelf whiskeys. I have acquired the taste. I am a better person for it.

:heh:

s@n

All Star
Daps
They have a great bourbon actually. A friend of mine worked in Japan for a year and they sent her a bunch of Japanese whiskeys when she came home. We were fukking them shyts up for like a year. They literally sent a years worth of different top shelf whiskeys. I have acquired the taste. I am a better person for it.

:heh:

The Japanese don't make bourbon. They [mostly] make single malt. During the shift in alcohol consumption patterns in the US (due to marketing, mostly centered around drinks like the Martini), a lot of US-made whiskey, especially bourbon, was exported to Japan. A lot of rare bottlings ended up there, which made the Japanese whiskey market a destination. I used to buy a lot of American whisky out of Japan; I had a warehouse space in Tokyo. When small batch whisky caught fire and the government caught wind of the premiums that a lot of these rare releases were getting, they shut down the ability to import bottles, unless under special circumstance. I got some bottles held over there because of this stipulation.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Japanese Whisky is something else..I bought a cheap bottle of Akashi and was blown away at how premium it was. It was smoother and higher than any Scotch Id ever seen. They simply make the best Whisky, but are a bit on the pricey side. Im now so convinced Ill never buy non Japanese Whisky ever again.

The hype has made it where Suntory and Nikki no longer meet demand. I had a bottle of Hibiki 12 six years I picked up for 200. That same bottle is running for 400+ retail now. Honestly buy Japanese whiskey before you buy stocks you’ll get a better ROI.

Had some Yamazaki 18 last month. :banderas:

Yamazaki probably one of favorites you had the Sherry Cask?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Japanese don't make bourbon. They [mostly] make single malt. During the shift in alcohol consumption patterns in the US (due to marketing, mostly centered around drinks like the Martini), a lot of US-made whiskey, especially bourbon, was exported to Japan. A lot of rare bottlings ended up there, which made the Japanese whiskey market a destination. I used to buy a lot of American whisky out of Japan; I had a warehouse space in Tokyo. When small batch whisky caught fire and the government caught wind of the premiums that a lot of these rare releases were getting, they shut down the ability to import bottles, unless under special circumstance. I got some bottles held over there because of this stipulation.
Aged in bourbon casks, they absolutely do. You know exactly what I meant if you have the experience with it that you do.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah, its really only a thing if you post on the coli and are used to the censored spelling
I'm picturing a bunch of terminally online coli people showing up at an anti-gay rally with signs saying shyt like, "I'M A ATHEIST , BUT IF THEIR WAS A GOD, HE WOULD OF SAID ITS WRONG 2 B A F-A-K-K-I-T," and all the lgbtEtc folk being like ":dahell:"