Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Latino-Review's El Mayimbe promised three big Suicide Squad-related scoops this week and now he's delivered the second with a ton of new Deathstroke details.

According to him, instead of being a full-on supervillain with powers, Deathstroke will be a hired assassin working for Onslaught. He's said to be the breakout character and his introductory scene is described as absolutely "insane." Also, Deathstroke will come face-to-face with the Suicide Squad early on and basically take down the entire team single-handedly.

Deathstroke's costume is said to be very stealth-oriented and uses an actual U.S. military tactical outfit for the basis. Like his comic-counterpart, his weapons of choice will be a sword and several automatics. The iconic orange/black mask is there, but early concept art does reveal that he will have two eyes, at least initially.

As for casting, since the role is expected to be the breakout character, the studio has been particularly choosy. Following up on last night's vague casting details, Mayimbe adds a little more: Jason Clarke (Terminator: Genisys) is out as he has a scheduling conflict and Joel Kinnaman (RoboCop) initially tested for the role, but landed Rick Flagg instead. Until very recently, Joe Manganiello (Spider-Man) also had a scheduling conflict, but according to the report, he may have just dropped out of the upcoming horror-comedy anthology television series Scream Queens, freeing him up for Suicide Squad. Official casting news should be imminent, but as of right now, it seems like Deathstroke is Manganiello's role to lose.

All of this sounds pretty awesome to me, what do you guys think? Sound off with your thoughts below!

A secret government agency recruits imprisoned supervillains to execute dangerous black ops missions in exchange for clemency.

Suicide Squad will feature:
Director: David Ayer
Jared Leto as The Joker
Will Smith as Deadshot
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg
Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang
Cara Delevingne as Enchantress
Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
Jay Hernandez in an undisclosed role

Suicide Squad lights up theaters August 5, 2016
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=116556

@MartyMcFly
I'm probably one of the few people who are more excited about this movie than BvS.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm probably one of the few people who are more excited about this movie than BvS.
im much more excited about this, b/c it's new. superman sucks and I've seen Batman on film 7 times now. don't even give a quarter of a shyt about Wonder Woman, and i am semi-excited to see Aquaman, but moreso in his own movie than this

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yeah man why not? I was just watching dark knight returns and if they can do that joker in live action? That would be live. Plus it's not like it's something we've seen yet.

If the trailer looks on point...

I'm pretty sure I'll be in the same boat.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
According to Latino-Review’s Instagram feed, Ayer is pulling from The Dark Knight Returns in that Joker will have a big, broad-shouldered suit, but the character is also said to be “lean & scarred”, so I’m not exactly sure how that suit is going to fit him. The Joker in Dark Knight Returns is a big guy, and Leto would have to pack on a lot of muscle if that’s the look they’re going for.

LR goes on to say “Joker works out in his cell like an inmate when he is interrogated by Amanda Waller (Viola Davis). He’s doing hand stand push ups so it makes sense that Jared Leto said he is putting on weight. He’s definitely not skinny, but in fact more muscular.”
It sounds like Leto is going for the standard, ripped physique of every other leading action star today. He won’t be Schwarzenegger bulky, but he won’t be wiry either.

Far more interesting is LR’s note that Joker has bleached skin, and not make-up, which is delightfully extreme, and could look incredibly cool if its done right (if it’s done wrong, he’ll just look like an albino).

Moving into spoiler territory, LR says that this Joker has killed plenty of people, including one of Batman’s sidekicks (this would fit with the Dark Knight we see in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, who is older and more experienced).

LR also says, Joker and Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) will have a few interactions with sinister psychologist, Hugo Strange. No casting has been announced for Strange, and that seems like an odd thing to keep under wraps. It’s possible they haven’t cast the role yet, so we’ll see if this, or any of these rumors, comes to fruition.

Strange:banderas:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Leto coming for that #1 spot

“He wants to make the character completely his own,” our source continues. “He knows that this role may be his most difficult ever, but he is confident that he will make his version of the Joker the best. This Joker will be more cerebral and comedic than what we have seen before, nobody should expect a copycat version. It’s going to be awesome!”

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/03/02/jared-leto-the-joker-suicide-squad-role/

Tae

All Star
Daps

Leto coming for that #1 spot

“He wants to make the character completely his own,” our source continues. “He knows that this role may be his most difficult ever, but he is confident that he will make his version of the Joker the best. This Joker will be more cerebral and comedic than what we have seen before, nobody should expect a copycat version. It’s going to be awesome!”

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/03/02/jared-leto-the-joker-suicide-squad-role/

Hopefully he can. It seems like a good role for him, but I would've preferred to have The Riddler rather than The Joker.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Hopefully he can. It seems like a good role for him, but I would've preferred to have The Riddler rather than The Joker.

Leto as The Riddler? Or just the Riddler as the main antagonist in general?

Tae

All Star
Daps
Leto as The Riddler? Or just the Riddler as the main antagonist in general?

Riddler as the main antagonist.
The Joker has already been done twice and while Jim Carey did a funny job in Batman Returns I'd love to see a darker almost sinister Riddler.

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
http://screencrush.com/suicide-squad-margot-robbie-dark-knight/

Today in news to make you go “duh,” Margot Robbie is talking about her role as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad, the upcoming DC film from Fury director David Ayer. The actress reveals that Ayer’s project is closer in tone to Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy, which helped kickstart the gritty superhero movie trend—but that’s something we all assumed, right?

In an interview with MTV, Robbie talks about playing Harley Quinn, revealing that this is the first film which offered her a role instead of having Robbie go through the audition process. She also reveals that Harley Quinn will share a large amount of her screen time with Will Smith’s Deadshot, which works out nicely and should make things a bit easier for the both of them as they recently showed off some solid chemistry inFocus.

Naturally, Robbie’s Harley Quinn will also share a chunk of screen time with Jared Leto’s Joker—Harley Quinn is known as The Joker’s gleefully twisted sidekick and number one fan. Robbie says she isn’t sure how Leto is approaching the role, but in a recent interview, he did say he’s intrigued by the “Shakespearean” character.

But the thing that most people are going to latch onto is the part in the interview where Robbie discusses the tone of Suicide Squad, saying it will be more like The Dark Knight than the Avengers films. That’s been fairly obvious from the start, as Warner Bros. seems to be banking on more gritty superhero films to recapture the success of Nolan’s trilogy, and Zack Snyder is certainly giving them just that.

*Waits for people to complain that the DC Universe is too dark"

:sas2: