Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Early reviews seem to be bad and people are claiming Marvel paid off critics. Just like they claimed Marvel did with BvS. My question is if critics can be bought, why won't WB write a check?:troll:

As I said... my friend went to the screening and she loved it. But critics have their own agendas regardless of if they really liked it or not, no different from many media pundits. BvS, regardless of how any one of us felt was rated TOO harshly and at times unfairly over things that had little or nothing to do with the film itself. Especially in comparison to other films that's been released that were given more of a pass. I personally felt that Civil War was an EQUALLY flawed film with it's main two saving grace being Black Panther and the airport scene... but Disney seem to know how to pamper their screened critics. They go high and beyond making them feel welcomed and give them the full experience, even try to give the critic bloggers who are mostly a bunch of nobodies on Youtube some recognition, because they know the influence they could have in setting people's minds as well. And they don't this better than any other studio...which is why they tend to GET a pass on things that's hypocritical that any other studio gets criticized.

That's the fundamental issue. If the critics go to a theater and not given the same kind of LOVE by the studio, it sometimes affects their viewing experience and in the end affects how they'll write their movie review. WB has been known as not spoiling their screening critics with trinkets and gifts or anything that makes them feel the full experience prior to and after viewing the film.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
As I said... my friend went to the screening and she loved it. But critics have their own agendas regardless of if they really liked it or not, no different from many media pundits. BvS, regardless of how any one of us felt was rated TOO harshly and at times unfairly over things that had little or nothing to do with the film itself. Especially in comparison to other films that's been released that were given more of a pass. I personally felt that Civil War was an EQUALLY flawed film with it's main two saving grace being Black Panther and the airport scene... but Disney seem to know how to pamper their screened critics.

what you meant to say was critics have their own opinions.

you thought civil war was equally flawed, that's an opinion too. would it be fair if i accused you of having an agenda?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
As I said... my friend went to the screening and she loved it. But critics have their own agendas regardless of if they really liked it or not, no different from many media pundits. BvS, regardless of how any one of us felt was rated TOO harshly and at times unfairly over things that had little or nothing to do with the film itself. Especially in comparison to other films that's been released that were given more of a pass. I personally felt that Civil War was an EQUALLY flawed film with it's main two saving grace being Black Panther and the airport scene... but Disney seem to know how to pamper their screened critics. They go high and beyond making them feel welcomed and give them the full experience, even try to give the critic bloggers who are mostly a bunch of nobodies on Youtube some recognition, because they know the influence they could have in setting people's minds as well. And they don't this better than any other studio...which is why they tend to GET a pass on things that's hypocritical that any other studio gets criticized.

That's the fundamental issue. If the critics go to a theater and not given the same kind of LOVE by the studio, it sometimes affects their viewing experience and in the end affects how they'll write their movie review. WB has been known as not spoiling their screening critics with trinkets and gifts or anything that makes them feel the full experience prior to and after viewing the film.
Seems DC/WB need to
hire some new trade marketing people. :manny:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

The thing is, up until recently Marvel didn't do much pampering cuz that old cheapsake dude (I forgot his name) was running the film division. I remember John Campea saying that when he went to Marvel's press stuff, they were only fed bottled water and half a sandwich cuz the old dude was too cheap to give them anything else. That dude was only recently removed from that position las year, but this "Marvel pays off the critics" narrative has been going on for a while.

Regardless, I plan on seeing it anyways

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is, up until recently Marvel didn't do much pampering cuz that old cheapsake dude (I forgot his name) was running the film division. I remember John Campea saying that when he went to Marvel's press stuff, they were only fed bottled water and half a sandwich cuz the old dude was too cheap to give them anything else. That dude was only recently removed from that position las year, but this "Marvel pays off the critics" narrative has been going on for a while.

Regardless, I plan on seeing it anyways

I think the "Marvel pays off critics" was more of something after BvS than anything else.... I never heard of it until then mainly because Marvel never had ANY competition literally. I have heard of Disney rumored to sabotage other studios or undermine franchises such as X-Men. But based off the timing of the said removal of the previous head P/R to the current, it's no coincidence that Disney been having HIGHLY favorable praise of their films this year. This has pretty much been Disney's year overall....

I could care less what critics say.... I more interested with those that has no gain whatsoever. That's why I was pleased that my homegirl loved it. I trust her taste since its similar to mines. So, I'm cool.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
My body is ready!!!!!
51x0tu.jpg

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
SUICIDE SQUAD Facebook Stickers Make Task Force X Ridiculously Adorable
SUICIDE SQUAD Facebook Stickers Make Task Force X Ridiculously Adorable
143970.jpg
Are you a fan of Facebook stickers? Well, just like the social media giant released a series of them for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Ghostbusters, we now have a batch for Suicide Squad.
With just over a week to go until the release of Suicide Squad, Facebook has released a very cool series of stickers offering fans the chance to communicate via a very cute version of the characters who will make up Task Force X. The Joker and Amanda Waller are obviously also there, and it's easy to convey all sorts of different messages thanks to these. After all, who better to get rid of a chatterbox clogging up your inbox than Katana or a drunk Captain Boomerang to let people know you're calling it a night?

13695290_1184461621576441_1392384744_n.png

It feels good to be bad…Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren’t picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it’s every man for himself?
Starring Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Jai Courtney, Cara Delevingne, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Viola Davis, and Ben Affleck, Suicide Squad is set to be released on August 5th, 2016. Are you looking forward to the movie? As always, be sure to share your thoughts in the usual place.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I was really looking forward to this but lately the only thing hittin me in the trailers is sexy was Margot. I haven't been that hype outside of that :to:

Bini Knight

All Star
Daps
where are yall reading these negative reviews at?:dahell: lol the dc reddit has shown nothing but positive reactions so far but no official reviews cuz the embargo. i haven't heard anything bad yet from them....and trust me you thin stans here are diehard they're worse