Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know WHY everybody is so hard up on Will Smith for this movie. I honestly think it would be a waste of his star power. Will Smith should be headlining a classic BLACK Hero like John Stewart as a start of a franchise. Will Smith is more accomplished and a bigger box office draw than Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Gal Gadot. He belongs in the potential Justice League fold...

It's because it's different for him man. And who knows, maybe he doesn't want to do the Green Lantern thing. He's at the point where he's going to start making interesting choices and should be making interesting choices not just safe ones. Dude's got more than enough money and every star reinvents themselves especially as they get older.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't know WHY everybody is so hard up on Will Smith for this movie. I honestly think it would be a waste of his star power. Will Smith should be headlining a classic BLACK Hero like John Stewart as a start of a franchise. Will Smith is more accomplished and a bigger box office draw than Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Gal Gadot. He belongs in the potential Justice League fold...
I think he would be a good fit for GL John Stewart but if he does decide to do Suicide Squad I can't see him ass friggin' Capt. Boomerang.
Maybe Rick Flag or Deadshot but not Boomerang.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he would be a good fit for GL John Stewart but if he does decide to do Suicide Squad I can't see him ass friggin' Capt. Boomerang.
Maybe Rick Flag or Deadshot but not Boomerang.

Will Smith in a Green Lantern movie would easily put up Iron Man numbers. Smith would be a perfect John Stewart/Kyle Rayner hybrid and it would also provide a nice counterpoint to the Man of Steel type movies.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Jared, Leto, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne will make up the all-star cast in Warner Bros.’ super villain tentpole “Suicide Squad,” it was announced on Tuesday.

Based on the DC comic book, the story centers on the team of super villains who are given a chance at redemption by the government. The catch: Their mission will probably kill them all.

The actors names had long-been rumored for the high-profile movie, which opens Aug. 5, 2016, but their deals and characters weren’t finalized.

Here’s the official cast/character list:

Jared Leto – The Joker

Will Smith – Deadshot

Tom Hardy – Rick Flagg

Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn

Jai Courtney – Boomerang

Cara Delevinge – Enchantress

“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer and produced by Charles Roven, will begin shooting next April in Toronto.

According to insiders, Jesse Eisenberg is also in talks to play Lex Luthor in the film, a role he will first play in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” though the status of his deal is unknown.

“The Warner Bros. roots are deep on this one,” WB President Greg Silverman said in a statement. “We look forward to seeing this terrific ensemble, under David Ayer’s amazing guidance, give new meaning to what it means to be a villain and what it means to be a hero.”

Warners has always viewed this project as its “Oceans Eleven” to comic book movies and always wanted to load the roster up with top tier talent that compares to the ‘Ocean Eleven’ movies.

Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team similar to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe, to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s short list of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB’s first choice for the part.

Leto, who is making his first pic since winning the Oscar for “Dallas Buyers Club,” is repped by CAA.

Smith can be seen next in Warner Bros. “Focus” which also stars Margot Robbie. Both are reppped by CAA with Robbie also repped by Management 360 and Aran Michael Management and Smith repped by Overbrook Entertainment.

Hardy is currently filming “The Revenant” opposite Leonardo DiCaprio which bows next Christmas. He is repped by CAA.

The WME-repped Delevingne, an English model-turned-actress, can next be seen in Warner Bros.’ “Pan.”

Courtney appears in the upcoming “Terminator” reboot and is repped by UTA.

Filed Under:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/s...-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867/

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
B3JbverIYAMOqeu.jpg:large

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne

:mjcry::damn::whew::blessed::whoo:

Jared Leto, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne will make up the all-star cast in Warner Bros.’ super villain tentpole “Suicide Squad,” it was announced on Tuesday.

Based on the DC comic book, the story centers on the team of super villains who are given a chance at redemption by the government. The catch: Their mission will probably kill them all.

The actors names had long-been rumored for the high-profile movie, which opens Aug. 5, 2016, but their deals and characters weren’t finalized.

Here’s the official cast/character list:

Jared Leto – The Joker

Will Smith – Deadshot

Tom Hardy – Rick Flagg

Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn

Jai Courtney – Boomerang

Cara Delevinge – Enchantress

“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer and produced by Charles Roven, will begin shooting next April in Toronto.

According to insiders, Jesse Eisenberg is also in talks to play Lex Luthor in the film, a role he will first play in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” though the status of his deal is unknown.

“The Warner Bros. roots are deep on this one,” WB President Greg Silverman said in a statement. “We look forward to seeing this terrific ensemble, under David Ayer’s amazing guidance, give new meaning to what it means to be a villain and what it means to be a hero.”

Warners has always viewed this project as its “Oceans Eleven” to comic book movies and always wanted to load the roster up with top tier talent that compares to the ‘Ocean Eleven’ movies.

Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team similar to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe, to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s short list of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB’s first choice for the part.

Leto, who is making his first pic since winning the Oscar for “Dallas Buyers Club,” is repped by CAA.

Smith can be seen next in Warner Bros. “Focus” which also stars Margot Robbie. Both are reppped by CAA with Robbie also repped by Management 360 and Aran Michael Management and Smith repped by Overbrook Entertainment.

Hardy is currently filming “The Revenant” opposite Leonardo DiCaprio which bows next Christmas. He is repped by CAA.

The WME-repped Delevingne, an English model-turned-actress, can next be seen in Warner Bros.’ “Pan.”

Courtney appears in the upcoming “Terminator” reboot and is repped by UTA.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/s...-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867/

More anticipated than BvS for me :to:

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
They did it. They fukking did it! I don't know if I could picture Will as DeadShot but I hope he can pull it off without being a goofball.