Stupid/Unintentionally racist things people have said to you

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
I'll keep this open and not just black/white since I'm sure the Coli is progressive :win:

Off the top today at the job I'm running a meeting for some of the call-takers since our service level was high and we could afford to take people off of the phone. There's but so much that could be done so I figured I'd have a little fun with it and had them do pictionary but with the names of services we have in the system to test their knowledge. One of the chicks in there is like "You should draw too! :skip:" so I hit her with the :rudy:and said "nah, I'm just your host for the evening" to where the lone white girl in the room says "like Steve Harvey!"...:huhldup:

:snoop:

I hit her with the :stopitslime: she had a combo of :merchant: and :cac: but we continued the game from there.

Add on.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
as a successful black man, its always the same one:

"you're so articulate." :stopitslime:

"yeah, but you're different." :wtf:

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
"I didn't know black people listen to techno." - my boss a few years ago
"You're so much different than the other black guys." - same boss

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
all the racist stuff said to me have been from other black people.

1) "I can't stand those africans...."

me: um, but you're african also...

"No I'm not, I was born in america, I ain't no damn african"
....................................................................................

2) Are you really going to dreadloc your hair? Why? you have such a "good" grade of hair...you shouldn't do THAT.

And then you have those older black people in ur family who blame everything (both good and bad) on white people which is a sign of an inferiority complex. Anything relating to science, technology, architecture, literature or anything that requires the simple use of a human brain is labeled "white mans stuff"

on the same note, everything from potholes in the street to bad weather gets blamed on "the white man"......

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
all the racist stuff said to me have been from other black people.

1) "I can't stand those africans...."

me: um, but you're african also...

"No I'm not, I was born in america, I ain't no damn african"
....................................................................................

2) Are you really going to dreadloc your hair? Why? you have such a "good" grade of hair...you shouldn't do THAT.

And then you have those older black people in ur family who blame everything (both good and bad) on white people which is a sign of an inferiority complex. Anything relating to science, technology, architecture, literature or anything that requires the simple use of a human brain is labeled "white mans stuff"

on the same note, everything from potholes in the street to bad weather gets blamed on "the white man"......

To be fair your city council is probably mostly white:mjpls:

but yeah I feel you on that. A lot of the stupidity has gotten ironed out with time. A lot of dumb stuff I've heard from people happened in high school and elementary.

Recently a person actually was puzzled as to why I couldn't just walk into any random barbershop and get a hair cut and I had to explain to him that a lot of whites don't know how to cut and style african hair.

Karume

All Star
Daps
reminds me of the time my biological told me the reason "they" came up with white wheat bread is because white people didnt want to eat brown bread

Karume

All Star
Daps
I was at work in retail.

Some old lady comes up to me,

"Hey how you doing"

I respond in my best english ennunciation

"I'm doing fine, how are you today, what can i help you with?"

She asked

"Do you speak english?"

Real talk I was stunned...I just walked away.
without hearing you speak that might not have been racist as much as you may have an accent a person with less than good hearing may have trouble distinguishing

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Indian guy at work: "What is your backgroud"

Me: "German and Polish"

Indian guy at work: "Was your grandfather a Nazi?"

Me::dwillhuh:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
"like Steve Harvey!"...:huhldup:

That doesn't seem racist wanna explain?

All the shyt I hear being said about black people by other races. People just assume if your not black your cool to talk racist shyt with. I always just bounce or become disappointed and let them know that shyt isn't cool. shyt gets real awkard after that.

The most racist shyt I've seen in my life. I was working security for this big fortune 500 company. I was sitting in the lobby when a pair of square ass black guys walk in talking about they want to deliver a check. This isn't unusual at all. As soon as they turn around the receptionist (white) passes me note that says "Don't leave I'm scared". I'm like :rudy:. I just chill. They're helped it's all good. When they left she's like "o my god I was almost going to press the panic button". Next day my boss bytches to me about why I didn't call for back up. :wtf: The fukk why would I call for back up. After that I wonder what she thinks of mexicans smile in my face ass bytch.

Another time same lobby this black dude is walking in the lobby and this lady is walking out. As soon as she see him she turns the other way almost running and goes somewhere else. The guy gives me a :dwillhuh: and I give him a :yeshrug:.

The racism I see for mexicans is mostly from people trying to act like we are beneath them because of the jobs most mexicans work.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Indian guy at work: "What is your backgroud"

Me: "German and Polish"

Indian guy at work: "Was your grandfather a Nazi?"

Me::dwillhuh:
haha, this kid at my church is part german. well one day a group of people were talking about their backgrounds. the kid mentions his mixed heritage, mentions being part german and then goes..."I'm a Nazi!"

and he was dead serious