Study: Increased TV time lowers self-esteem in most children, except white boys

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is one of the ways white male privilege is passed on generation to generation. Likewise it's how self esteem issues among minorities and women (including white women) are reinforced. To be fair, the general idea of white female beauty is also reinforced which might be seen as a "good thing" for white women, but at the end of the day they're being presented as objects for white males.

I can't even imagine the mental frustration of being a young black girl seeing only white (or Hispanic) girls on television, women in the media etc then going to school and being overlooked.

Angel On The Rag

I'm bloody hungry!!
Daps
Reppin
Tampax Warehouse
:russ: @ u being complacent with the myth of your superiority. As the world becomes smaller, and more densely populated by people w/ much melanin, you’re happy to chuck it up, and have TV-execs keep telling you that, “you’re better than those naggers.” Good. Keep eating it up. That’s all you have left. That, and comic books are there to keep your self-esteem up. The rest of the world sees you, and it’s not like this is yall “Golden Era” anymore. You’ll see tho, :russ:

*on some evil sh1t, I am on.* :jawalrus:

whites and asians are seen as superior so your logic fails

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Books don't indoctrinate? :rudy:
My ex wife used to think I was taking it too far not wanting my daughters to read Snow White and Cinderella.

Beyond the racial implications, it was the sexists ideals where a man was always going to be there to rescue a woman. I didn't want my daughters raised with that in mind.

Daps
This is one of the ways white male privilege is passed on generation to generation. Likewise it's how self esteem issues among minorities and women (including white women) are reinforced. To be fair, the general idea of white female beauty is also reinforced which might be seen as a "good thing" for white women, but at the end of the day they're being presented as objects for white males.

I can't even imagine the mental frustration of being a young black girl seeing only white (or Hispanic) girls on television, women in the media etc then going to school and being overlooked.

YES!!! Thank you for saying this because that, IMO,, is the reason we have all these "PAWG" hunters putting up threads and when they actually post pics of they women...its a fat bytch :wtf:. A fat white bytch is a PAWG and she is a trophy, a fat black chick "needs to go to the Gym and only loves thugs." ect.

Like how black women always had hour glass shapes and fat asses but it wasn;t until J.Lo that this was shown as a good thing in mainstream media. Not to mention, the accredit having a fat ass as looking "Brazilian"...The came out with butt pads called the brazilian booty pop. Black women STILL have the better shape but it gets ignored.

:dwillhuh: .my 2 year old loves watching TV too

He'll be more active as he gets older though :myman:

I wouldn't wait. We all know children are like sponges and what they see and learn at an early age will stick with them longer...especially if they are subconscious racial queues.

Watch this...

There is no time table for these racial stereotypes. They give them to us immediately. If it were me, I would look online for any media (DVDs ect.) that feature positive black characters...or I would just restrict TV all together.

Last edited by a moderator: