Students boo Betsy DeVos as commencement speaker at historically black university

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
lol like my homie just said, "Don't they mail the degrees anyway!?"
Yup. I know people who have graduated but haven't received their diploma 10 years after earning their degree due to parking tickets and overdue library books. :mjgrin:

Florida’s Black Colleges Face Big Budget Cuts!

Bethune-Cookman University, the state’s largest private Black college, could lose $1.1 million of its total budget of $68 million. That might seem like a drop in the bucket, but a shortfall is a shortfall. Bethune-Cookman president Trudie Kibbe Reed told WCTV that the burden would fall on the school, the students and their families to help fill the economic gap, since fundraising is very difficult when alumni and corporate foundations are singing the same budget blues.

Still, it could be worse. The budget proposed by Gov. Rick Scott, which includes $1.75 billion in overall education cuts, would completely eliminate state funding for all of the Black colleges, except one: Edward Waters College, located in the hometown of the state’s African-American lieutenant governor, Jennifer Carroll.
Six years later and they're still c00ning for whitey. fukk all that noise. :scust:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The Dean is dressed up like a 15th century explorer :laff:...lol forgive me, I am assuming this is common in higher education institutions, I attended one college graduation in my life, at a state school.

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
The Dean is dressed up like a 15th century explorer :laff:...lol forgive me, I am assuming this is common in higher education institutions, I attended one college graduation in my life, at a state school.
Those goofy academics swear they look fly in that goofy shyt too I bet. My friends and I were ctfu at college graduation looking at those jesters

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
When I was at Grambling we booed Charlie Murphy (RIP) off stage, not quite the same as this though I will say :russ:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Saw this on TV. Had to applaud. Black Excellence at its fnest.Do your thing Devos, your in and we cant do anything about it except symbolically sure, but get the fukk back with any extras like this. YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY LOVE. fukk OFF. I love it.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who ever invited her is a damn fool. Trump is discussing cutting funding to HBCU's and you bring in one of his lackeys to speak at graduation? That's a slap in the face to the students and the faculty.
She's leading the charge on destruction of education here in the United States.
I'm confused about why HBCUs keep doing this.