student loans. fml

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Going to a UC or CS?

cs kinda by choice. was accepted to sd but if i didnt get into berkeley (i didnt :sadcam:) i wasnt gonna go to a uc. :childplease: @ paying crazy prices for professors that are more worried about research than teaching. ill probably go to a uc for the masters program though.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the fuk everybody complaining for?
do you know that in the past they didnt even give out loans,, it was strictly if you could not pay for it you didnt go.. now they allow us to go, yea its $$$ and interest is a bytch but isnt its better than nothing

stfu,, pay it and move on

sheit i rather take nothing

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
Idk how people can be sohh careless with finances. One of my friends took out a 35k loan just for one year at a no name college in NY. :wtf:

Not to mention, she plans to go graduate school for PT, which will be another 90k-100k in loans on top of 60K+ in undergrad...

:mindblown:

The worst part is she barely even passing most of her classes, with C's...

Oh yeah the student loans interest raise, passed the same day the rulings on gay marriage came out :whistle:

:groovywut: :groovywut: :groovywut:

WHY YOU DIDNT STOP HER i'm trying to with a recent highschool graduate who only got a minuscule $500 from Finacial Aid. She has to take out 16K her FIRST .... SEMESTER in loans. Its out of state,too. I was like stay in-state and you'll get HOPE scholarship,its a Lottery funded program that pays by credit hour all you have to do is have and maintain a 3.0 gpa, and that will lessen the debt load dramatically, broad told me she didn't wanna go to school in the state of Georgia. Thats a good reason to attend an expensive ass state school,right? Now she's looking silly right now because school starts in 5 weeks and she doesn't even have a housing assignment or has paid for new student orientation which is 300 smacks out of pocket.

I got this $3,500 FASFA increase for 2013-2014,this workstudy on deck,too :stylin: finna pay all of my student loan debt for that school year in two semesters and get wasted at parties off cheap Taaka Vodka and Everclear.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:groovywut: :groovywut: :groovywut:

WHY YOU DIDNT STOP HER i'm trying to with a recent highschool graduate who only got a minuscule $500 from Finacial Aid. She has to take out 16K her FIRST .... SEMESTER in loans. Its out of state,too. I was like stay in-state and you'll get HOPE scholarship,its a Lottery funded program that pays by credit hour all you have to do is have and maintain a 3.0 gpa, and that will lessen the debt load dramatically, broad told me she didn't wanna go to school in the state of Georgia. Thats a good reason to attend an expensive ass state school,right? Now she's looking silly right now because school starts in 5 weeks and she doesn't even have a housing assignment or has paid for new student orientation which is 300 smacks out of pocket.

I got this $3,500 FASFA increase for 2013-2014,this workstudy on deck,too :stylin: finna pay all of my student loan debt for that school year in two semesters and get wasted at parties off cheap Taaka Vodka and Everclear.
:whoa::whoa:

You know I can't save these chicks.

Honestly the best thing a recent high school graduate can do is, go to a JC for the first 2-3 years and take as many courses as possible. Then transfer. Don't work at all, unless its on campus or nearby. Most people fukk up and get trapped through working low paying full-time jobs, which eat up time, energy, and the ability to study. Just go to school previously like high school, get good grades then transition into a decent university.

Getting ahead start on partying for a couple years isn't worth racking up decades worth of debt. :heh:

I'd tell your lady friend to scrap that out of state gig asap, if she isn't getting a full ride, that's the definition of hustling backwards. Not to mention there's no guarantee she'll fully adjust well to being away from home. A lot of things happen during the first couple years of college...

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I got my Associate of Arts Transfer degree, and basically made money thanks to financial aid grants. NO loans.

I'm getting my BA this summer with less than $10K debt, and even that feels like too much. But I guess I'm flying high compared to some of these horror stories.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I'm still surprised that the interest rates got DOUBLED.
96% of college students borrow money.
HOW IN THE fukk DID THAT SLIP PAST EVERYONE?
:groovywut:

i'm graduating with like 16 grand of debt in the next 3 years :manny:
Thaaaatttt Avatar :russ:

But y'all need to watch this documentary called default on youtube

Daps
Reppin
NULL
college is essential

very rarely wil you succeed in life, real success in life without a degree,, yea there are shytty degrees but what REAL job will you get without a degree unless you are a successful entrepreneur,,,

:duck:

you sir, are bamboozled.

And thats what they want us to think, and BTW make sure you spend u spend over 150k and about 5 years of your life to obtain this "education". and borrow most of that from us and let us double your interest rates when we feel like it so you can have the same piece of paper everyone else is "supposed" to have.

shout out to the millions of people struggling to pay 400 x month in loans paying for an education they obtained 10 years ago making average ass money.

this dumb nikka logic "success is rare with out a degree" nikka are you a sally mae plant!!!??!?!

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Take your degree and take your talents elsewhere. :ahh: #ProblemSolved :blessed:

images

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I have exactly a balance of $12,858.71 left on my Student Loans. So I'm not in as bad as a situation as some of you. But that Interest is a bytch though, 85% of the payment I send goes towards the interest, the principal barely makes any movement.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have exactly a balance of $12,858.71 left on my Student Loans. So I'm not in as bad as a situation as some of you. But that Interest is a bytch though, 85% of the payment I send goes towards the interest, the principal barely makes any movement.

:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh:

I'm glad i dropped out of college when i realized how much fukking money these bytch ass nikkas wanted :whew: