Streets of Rage Remake

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps

Eh... Doesn't have that Soulful feel that those Street of Rage games had. It's not even an accurate sound. They were using 303s and 909s back then, and I don't hear that all.

Plus the Genesis had a Yamaha DX7 based chip, so its sounds were accurate with the Pop music of the Early 90's. People were still using the Dx7 back then although it was certainly becoming less popular

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Eh... Doesn't have that Soulful feel that those Street of Rage games had. It's not even an accurate sound. They were using 303s and 909s back then, and I don't hear that all.

Plus the Genesis had a Yamaha DX7 based chip, so its sounds were accurate with the Pop music of the Early 90's. People were still using the Dx7 back then although it was certainly becoming less popular
you do know this was a remake right?

you do know that while this looks just like the original games, the devs built this from scratch with all new assets, right?

you do know that bytch ass sega shut them down before it was officially released, right?

As far as the music goes, its all remixes from sor1-3. Mostly with contributors from OCRemix.

I think that they are faithful to the source while modernized. :manny:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
they can't even use the right instrumentation. The game is probably tight, but those type of inaccuracies in a Period piece take me out of the experience.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
well the game is dope as fukk and im happy they didnt use the original music because sega woulda shut them down even sooner. :yeshrug:

Well, I think they could have at least made the sound accurate to the early 90's. It's probably not a big deal for everyone.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Game is fun as hell. Wish they would have put online multiplayer but whatever. It's truly the complete SoR experience with the different versions of characters.

I've always hated SoR3 Skate compared to SoR 2 skate, but they fukked him up a little bit by adding a slight delay before you use his cannonball attack.