Streaming Prices Are Up Nearly 25% in a Year. That’s Part of the Plan.Price push is part of effort to trim losses, steer users toward ads

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Everyone and their momma got a fukking streaming service. :beli:

This is what everyone wanted when they said to get rid of cable. Problem is we didnt know how many different companies there were that produce this content, and had deals with the cable channels.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I just get tired of seeing price increases with no change to the service or not a single new feature.

I’d pay more if I thought there was a change on my end. Argue with your moms if you disagree.

fukk I look like paying more for the same?

I get what you are saying, but we pay more for everything, and you are getting the same, or less.

You pay more for rent, same apartment. You pay more for meals and groceries, and the amount of food is the same or less.

The big problem is people dont get the raise in salary at the same rate this goods are going up.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I'm reviving this thread
so I read this article
and they had this to say about the future for these services.
this is a prediction
We'll see service providers offering multi-year, long-term contract incentives just like was done in the cable business and in the phone business.”
basically, they're predicting that the services would lock you into things like a 1-year plan to reduce churn:damn:
if they do that I'm dropping 90% of them
none of these services are worth keeping for a year straight:dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm reviving this thread
so I read this article
and they had this to say about the future for these services.
this is a prediction

basically, they're predicting that the services would lock you into things like a 1-year plan to reduce churn:damn:
if they do that I'm dropping 90% of them
none of these services are worth keeping for a year straight:dead:

This is what i keep trying to warn people about with gaming, that shyt is gonna be even worse. It takes 100m’s (or 2) to make a game now they not gonna keep letting us subscribe for a month and cancel when we’re done.

You already see how hbo is licensing out shows to netflix now, other streaming services are robably gonna do the same if they don’t outright shut down. Peacock is looking like its on the chopping block along with a few others.

shyt is not sustainable. That covid bump got all these companies super gassed