Stop saying "mass incarceration" It's SLAVERY

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
I think this has to do with profit.

By what i've seen american private prisons seem to be a big business, and blacks as source for these jail managers :mjpls:

They are in places that no longer have industry so the people in town all work at the prison... shyt is fukked up.

We have to get the word out there. Slavery still alive and well.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
They are in places that no longer have industry so the people in town all work at the prison... shyt is fukked up.

We have to get the word out there. Slavery still alive and well.

Not to mention that in many of these prisons the inmates work on crops, a cheap labor with a forced lifetime contract
5xUyPY8.png

Trump's Plan to Deport Immigrants Means Growth for This Industry

The private-prison industry sprang from the early days of President Ronald Reagan’s drug war. The 1986 Anti-Drug Abuse Act prescribed mandatory minimum sentences for small amounts of crack cocaine. Between 1980 and 2013, the federal prison population increased by almost 800 percent, according to the Justice Department, and the government turned to private contractors to alleviate overcrowding.

800% :dahell:

This makes me think that movies like Alien 3 (1992), where there's a kind of prison planet can become something real in the future.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Michelle Alexander wrote an incredibly concise, to-the-point book about this The New Jim Crow.
Most of what I've seen posted or "spoken about" has been a rehash of one chapter or another of her book.
It should be required reading for all African-Americans, as well as Are Prisons Obsolete by. Angela Davis.

And I'd say the difference in labeling focuses on how the underclass of "felons" is maintained.