Stonebwoy seeks to unite the diaspora through music [ African Voices episode ]

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
In the IG snippet, he mentioned Bob Marley "made conscious effort to drop booking fees to perform in Africa".

He was invited to perform during the ceremony celebrating majority rule and internationally-recognised independence for Zimbabwe.

The reggae superstar not only accepted the invitation but also spent tens of thousands of dollars to fly in his band and its equipment to take part in the festivities that started on the evening of April 17.

While the band was playing inside the stadium, largely in front of people invited to attend the occasion, big crowds locked outside tried to enter the packed stadium. Police responded by firing tear gas but Marley remained on stage and the show went on.

Thankfully for many unable to be at the concert on the 17th, Marley agreed to perform again the next day, with an estimated 100,000 people in attendance.

I'm sure his appearances in the other countries he touched down in were made in the same spirit, and for the everyday people. That's why he is so popular and influential on the continent 40+ years later. And why Jamaican origin music is so big there.

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Finally got around to this. Dope episode :youngsabo: Checking out his music now.

Breh looks like a taller Wode Maya with locs tho :pachaha: They gotta be the same ethnic group

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Finally got around to this. Dope episode :youngsabo: Checking out his music now.

Breh looks like a taller Wode Maya with locs tho :pachaha: They gotta be the same ethnic group

Interesting that you understand the concept of ethnic groups in this context:jbhmm:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Interesting that you understand the concept of ethnic groups in this context:jbhmm:
I've literally broken down the various indicators of our ethnic group-- several times at that. My bad for valuing those kinda things rather than... an acronym 🙄