Sting and Lex joining the Wolfpack never sat right with me

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
nikka thats half of the Red & Black squad :dahell:
I know... those are the members that should have never been apart of the squad. Nash should have recruited new young guns for his Wolfpac crew to be "fresher and hipper" compared to the older veterans of Hoegan and nWo Hollywood.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I know... those are the members that should have never been apart of the squad. Nash should have recruited new young guns for his Wolfpac crew to be "fresher and hipper" compared to the older veterans of Hoegan and nWo Hollywood.
Like who? Nick Wayne and Cole Karter? :stopitslime:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It sucked. Luger joining a stable usually means it's dead. ex. 4 Horsemen
Sting joining just made no sense. I hated it as a kid and still do.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said they weren't over.

They were on fire.

I just always thought it was retarded them jumping ship. Even for wrestling logic it was a dumb and they never did shyt again in WCW so it certainly didn't help their characters.

I honestly can't even remember anything Sting did during that whole run. My next memory of him is feuding with Vampiro :dead:

Actually it gets funny after the wolfpac , after all those years of nwo and hogan vs sting they bring back a red and yellow hogan and suddenly wcw people and announcers like him and sting was the heel
And that shyt flopped and lasted like 2 weeks

:mjlol:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Lex was the last man standing for WCW....was going to war with nWo every week and now all of a sudden he's too sweetin' Nash and Macho :francis:

And Sting spent two years being an emo My Chemical Romance listening to mf and now he's suddenly cheesing for the camera and suddenly acting happy go lucky

Wolfpack was dope in the moment but them jumping ship was always weird to me. Luger looked awkward as fukk trying to act swagged out too. Plus on the real neither of them were ever as over again after they jumped ship. Luger was WHITE HOT no homo in 97 right through to beating Hoegan for the chip on Nitro. But he's a non entity by the end of 98. He had that terrible heel run in 99 and it was a wrap from there. RIP Liz and his spine.

The whole thing just made WCW weak as fukk. Not only were they getting sonned every week by the heel nWo, now they had a babyface faction being presented as more legit with their two biggest OGs

:stopitslime:

2c669c47db081ea838724ac1a1387724b9d73446_hq.gif

^^^ Never joined the nWo. I think that's one of the lowkey reasons I always liked DDP.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Lol this is some grade A BULLSHYT people love being revisionist about. Wolfpac weren’t just the most over act in WCW, They were the most over act in Wrestling:

nikka what? With Austin, Taker, DX in 98? Wolfpac wasn’t even more popular than Goldberg

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
In all honesty Konnan was the oddball choice. It was three main eventears and the fake ass cosplaying cholo cuban with the top 5 WOAT finisher ever. You can tell Hogan was like ‘nope I’m keeping hall from that last spot. Take conway with the stupid pants” :ufdup:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's crazy how much of the 2 years of "great/good" WCW/nWo still has a bunch of coulda shoulda woulda.

From mid 96 to Starrcade 97 there were few misses. But post Starrcade, they had no damned plan.

As cool as the Wolfpac was, the nWo shouldn't have made it that far.

That said, Nash has talked about the Wolfpac's line up not being what it originally was supposed to be. It was supposed to be Nash, Hall and Konnan (at minimum) as Wolfpac and Hogan, Savage, Steiner etc as B&W. But Hogan got pissy because Wolfpac "got all the cool guys." After that, the members all got jumbled and flipped around. That leads to guys like Sting and Luger unnecessarily being in the nWo regardless of if it made sense.
I hate this take too…It was their hottest thing in the company. They would have been idiots to kill it off.

Bloodline been going for 3 years
Bullet Club been going for a decade

Trips

Superstar
Daps
:stopitslime:

2c669c47db081ea838724ac1a1387724b9d73446_hq.gif

^^^ Never joined the nWo. I think that's one of the lowkey reasons I always liked DDP.

He was about to

I think DDP not joining really was the best thing for DDP and both nWo groups. I think much of the things that really helped DDP would have been lost had he joined up with the Wolfpac. And he'd never reaches his peak if he actually joined original nWo instead of the swerve.

I will say teen me didn't buy an OG nWo shirt, but I definitely had Wolfpac and DX shirts. I can't really recall having any issues with Sting/Luger moving joining the Wolfpac. I think one of the main things that was always annoying about the WCW roster and probably what made Wolfpac even better. Was because Team WCW basically always just got their ass handed to them. Or would be some busters and just let people get their ass whooped all the time. When Zbyszko an announcer had more fire for nWo black and white originally than like 80% of the WCW roster it was a wrap for them.