Sting and Lex joining the Wolfpack never sat right with me

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Lex was the last man standing for WCW....was going to war with nWo every week and now all of a sudden he's too sweetin' Nash and Macho :francis:

And Sting spent two years being an emo My Chemical Romance listening to mf and now he's suddenly cheesing for the camera and suddenly acting happy go lucky

Wolfpack was dope in the moment but them jumping ship was always weird to me. Luger looked awkward as fukk trying to act swagged out too. Plus on the real neither of them were ever as over again after they jumped ship. Luger was WHITE HOT no homo in 97 right through to beating Hoegan for the chip on Nitro. But he's a non entity by the end of 98. He had that terrible heel run in 99 and it was a wrap from there. RIP Liz and his spine.

The whole thing just made WCW weak as fukk. Not only were they getting sonned every week by the heel nWo, now they had a babyface faction being presented as more legit with their two biggest OGs

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Lol this is some grade A BULLSHYT people love being revisionist about. Wolfpac weren’t just the most over act in WCW, They were the most over act in Wrestling:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Lol this is some grade A BULLSHYT people love being revisionist about. Wolfpac weren’t just the most over act in WCW, They were the most over act in Wrestling:

I never said they weren't over.

They were on fire.

I just always thought it was retarded them jumping ship. Even for wrestling logic it was a dumb and they never did shyt again in WCW so it certainly didn't help their characters.

I honestly can't even remember anything Sting did during that whole run. My next memory of him is feuding with Vampiro :dead:

Silkk

Daps
Luger joining….Was random and didn’t really make sense BUT the people loved it and he was more over than ever.

Sting joining COMPLETELY made sense.

1. His Best Friend was in the Wolfpac
2. It was Nash & The Wolfpac saving him from getting jumped not WCW
3. He was tired of being an emo ass mute. All you gotta do is look at how happy he was cutting his first Wolfpac promo and listen to the reaction

Silkk

Daps
I never said they weren't over.

They were on fire.

I just always thought it was retarded them jumping ship. Even for wrestling logic it was a dumb and they never did shyt again in WCW so it certainly didn't help their characters.

I honestly can't even remember anything Sting did during that whole run. My next memory of him is feuding with Vampiro :dead:
He had the feud with Bret that Summer/Fall before he got hurt at Fall Brawl and took off til like March 99.

My favorite match of his was the Goldberg match. I don’t even remember what was on Raw that night and I didn’t give a fukk :wow:

WOAT finish though, No way that ref ain’t see Hogan :smh:

Silkk

Daps
Looking for the clip but there was an episode of Nitro during their Wolfpac run where Luger got hurt backstage and took to the hospital. Sting came out that night in his black & white makeup instead of Wolfpac gear.

That kind of told me that Luger was the entire reason for him being in the Wolfpac :manny:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Luger joining….Was random and didn’t really make sense BUT the people loved it and he was more over than ever.

Sting joining COMPLETELY made sense.

1. His Best Friend was in the Wolfpac
2. It was Nash & The Wolfpac saving him from getting jumped not WCW
3. He was tired of being an emo ass mute. All you gotta do is look at how happy he was cutting his first Wolfpac promo and listen to the reaction

Let's be reality though nobody cared about Sting more than when he was mute. The moment he starts cutting promos like he's surfer Sting reality kicks in :hubie:

He caught onto a great evolution of his character and was never as over once he ditched it.

Rewatching old Nitros I forgot Henning and Rude were originally in the Wolfpack too :heh:

Silkk

Daps
Let's be reality though nobody cared about Sting more than when he was mute. The moment he starts cutting promos like he's surfer Sting reality kicks in :hubie:

He caught onto a great evolution of his character and was never as over once he ditched it.

Rewatching old Nitros I forgot Henning and Rude were originally in the Wolfpack too :heh:
You’re tripping. Sting joining the Wolfpac is literally a top 3 Nitro moment ever.

As for the hate his promos get here. Never made sense to me at all. Always been the way he cut his promos which come across as great to me. Even before he joined the Wolfpac, The Crow character was getting stale and needed to evolve. He finally started cutting promos again earlier in the year and showed some much needed attitude:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Kid me didn't care. Wolfpac was the GOATED stable.

I felt at the time that Goldberg was gonna take them all down anyway. Then he lost to a cattle prod and I pretty much decide to see what Austin, Rock, McMahon, Foley, and half nekkid woman had going on.

That previous channel button on the remote got used less and less by then :francis:

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
As a kid I didn't mind, but looking back Luger should have never joined. He didn't fit at all. Sting seemed out of place but he's Sting and it was nice for him to have the change in character.

The Wolfpac would have been GOAT if it was Nash, Hall, Sting, Konnan and X-Pac if he never went to WWE.

Silkk

Daps
I agree... Team WCW should have been led by Sting, Luger, Macho Man, DDP, Goldberg, Booker T, Jericho, 4 Horsemen along with Raven & The Flock as reluctant neutral allies going against both nWo Hollywood and nWo Wolfpac.
nikka thats half of the Red & Black squad :dahell:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy how much of the 2 years of "great/good" WCW/nWo still has a bunch of coulda shoulda woulda.

From mid 96 to Starrcade 97 there were few misses. But post Starrcade, they had no damned plan.

As cool as the Wolfpac was, the nWo shouldn't have made it that far.

That said, Nash has talked about the Wolfpac's line up not being what it originally was supposed to be. It was supposed to be Nash, Hall and Konnan (at minimum) as Wolfpac and Hogan, Savage, Steiner etc as B&W. But Hogan got pissy because Wolfpac "got all the cool guys." After that, the members all got jumbled and flipped around. That leads to guys like Sting and Luger unnecessarily being in the nWo regardless of if it made sense.