Stick Thin Women Playing Superheroes

Caligula

a bene placito
Daps
Maybe it's just me, but it seems super unrealistic to me. Men have to bulk up most of the time to meet the perceived physicality of the role, why not women? She doesn't have to be huge, but she should look strong. How am I supposed to believe a women who looks 120 pounds soaking wet is flipping cars and fighting superhuman entities? The women in comics look strong without losing femininity and attractiveness so what's the deal with the characters in the films?

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I remember when they said the chick that played the Female Terminator in "Terminator 3" had gained either 10 or 15 pounds of muscle to play the part. I knew she was tall but she just didn't look that big to me. But it's some women that are rail thin and they like you said picking shyt up like cars and boulders and look like if you threw a spitball at them they would tumble........

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Its harder for a lot of women to gain mass whether they lift or not. Even after they would bulk up, it takes longer for them to lean out. They would just look thicker like Gina Carano for example.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said this about Gal Gadot playing WW and DC stans came at my neck.

I can see where you're coming from. The trailer for WW has me thinking it could a good movie, but did you have a particular actress in mind for the part that you thought would be a better choice?

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I can see where you're coming from. The trailer for WW has me thinking it could a good movie, but did you have a particular actress in mind for the part that you thought would be a better choice?
Carano. People shyt on her acting but she did great as Angel Dust and her stunt work is next level.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i know technically wonder woman's powers have nothing to do with physique but you could say the same about superman and i don't recall him ever being portrayed as a skinny average sized man.

not much about gal gadot screams 'amazon'. :yeshrug:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Would you rather see this on tv:

FAITH-1_article_story_large.jpg

:stopitslime: :mjlol: :francis:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I said this about Gal Gadot playing WW and DC stans came at my neck.
shyt so odd to see someone like Rhoda Rousey to play WW, when WW isn't as buff as RR is in real life. :francis:

WW/Diana Prince has a physique similar to GG then Rhoda.

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Maybe it's just me, but it seems super unrealistic to me. Men have to bulk up most of the time to meet the perceived physicality of the role, why not women? She doesn't have to be huge, but she should look strong. How am I supposed to believe a women who looks 120 pounds soaking wet is flipping cars and fighting superhuman entities? The women in comics look strong without losing femininity and attractiveness so what's the deal with the characters in the films?

Because they're aliens :mjlol:

THey're muscle tissue isn't the same as ours.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
The women in comics look strong without losing femininity and attractiveness

That's because of how they're drawn tho, they're usually in skimpier outfits n shyt too lol

so what's the deal with the characters in the films?

There's no sex appeal for the average dude to see a girl above their weight class. That's just how it works in hollywood, girls have to look sexy for the dudes, men gotta look strong and buff for the females :yeshrug: