Stevie Richards been down bad in the hospital for a while

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I think Stevie has back/spine issues. You look at Hogan, HBK, Rick Rude, Matt Hardy, and Stevie... Wellness wasn't a big thing back in the 90's. I mean you had dieting, no steroids, eating right... but not like stuff like core, back maintenence programs... making sure you can walk in your 50's.

Hogan had said previously that he would have used a different finisher now because that leg drop fukked up his back.

Matt Hardy is the same as he really only walk-runs in the ring.

Looks to be catching up with him now as he ages, his spine must be degenerative.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I think Stevie has back/spine issues. You look at Hogan, HBK, Rick Rude, Matt Hardy, and Stevie... Wellness wasn't a big thing back in the 90's. I mean you had dieting, no steroids, eating right... but not like stuff like core, back maintenence programs... making sure you can walk in your 50's.

Hogan had said previously that he would have used a different finisher now because that leg drop fukked up his back.

Looks to be catching up with him now as he ages, his spine must be degenerative.

Xavier is always asking Breeze how Fandango is doing cause of his top rope leg drops. Says he tried it once and never again.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore

They have some many damn options for body maintenance and overall wellness nowadays, holistic and otherwise. I can’t imagine being a pro wrestling in this (and future) era, going hard, and not taking advantage of something regularly

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt

He had neck issues from when Terry funk dropped that guard rail on the back of his head

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
He had neck issues from when Terry funk dropped that guard rail on the back of his head

6Y2a4z1.gif

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
That guardrail spot resulted in Stevie breaking his neck badly (he ended up having his C5-C7 vertebrae fused, I believe). He retired for a bit, then proceeded to wrestle on it for months before getting the fusion surgery at the end of 97, and then didn't take enough time off for it to heal afterward. I wouldn't be surprised at all of that plus another two decades of wrestling is starting to catch up with him now. Spinal and neurological issues stemming from all that neck trauma would at least partially explain him needing a walker and (apparently, based on some of the IG photos) being on oxygen.

This is just me speculating, though. Wish the best for him.