Southside, 2gz Up
giphy.gif

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Let's not get carried away now. I applaud Lavar for going a different route, but he's definitely no Steve Jobs.

isisleo86

All Star
Daps
But Lavar was already an adult when Steve Jobs died:skip:
I'll leave you to it tho

Daps
Dunno if acting like a fukking clown on espn shows is the same as selling billions in technology. But I respect the hustle.

He just seems like a guy who is yearning for attention at the expense of his son's success but I gotta give it time before I truly write the guy off. Hopin Lonzo balls the fukk out just to show off his raw skills

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
But doesn't his current lifetime deal with Nike all but guarantee him a billion?..:dame:
Nike was paying LeBron more than his MBA contract in his early years. Allowing him to take a low pay for to help his team caps.

Owning his own brand wouldn't have paid much more than he was getting. Almost 100 mill to be branded and marketed plus paid for it. That vs starting and running a company with productions costs to factor in plus paying for marketing.

Now imagine every baller trying to start an individual shoe company and thinking that model of business is effective. Nah. Just isn't practical or necessary