StereoTypes Paris - French African vs. African American?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here we look for racism.

they have racism in europe but for example theyre surrounded by so many cultures they dont look at it as seriously like we do. like the british have stereotypes for italians and french have stereotypes for the spanish and i think they deal with prejudice and stereotype more light heartedly than us generally because of that. a german could make fun of a greek person for acting greek and generally it would be seen more in jest than as an attack

for example seems like black people and white people get along better england vs america like t hey use a similar accent over there ie a black person wouldnt get roasted for talking white to the extent it would happen here. little things like that. not saying there isnt racism at all but they do seem more progressive than americans

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
:childplease: @ anyone who says there's no racism in France.

It's just the main targets in France are typically the North Africans as opposed to blacks in particular. It has a completely different history and dynamic, but it takes absolute naivety to make it appear as some sort of utopia.

I'd have to agree with that, it's mostly north-africans who get the most of it for various historical and sociological reasons, not to say that black people are not victims of racism too tho. But for a lot of "racist" french people, it seems their "racism" is really being anti-"arab".

Didn't watch the vid yet tho, I'll get back in it at home.

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
Alright... This kinda hits home so here's my take on this. I'm Black, I'm French-American (dual citizenship), Black father from Southside Chicago, mixed mother from Paris. Born and raised in Paris/suburbs (suburbs in France mean the opposite of what they mean in the States, thats the hood), travelled all over the States.

Is France racist? Of course. But then again what fukking country on this planet isn't? I don't even get the point of a dude going to another country asking those questions. Like nikka America's racist as shyt :why: we all know that. It's fukked up, but it is what it is, cacs gon cac.

Now, I will say that French people are much less open about it than Americans in the sense that America STAY talking about race, France ain't there yet, it just gets kinda ignored as far as the media is concerned.

BUT I have felt much more racism directed towards me in a week in Mississippi than I have in a lifetime in Paris :ld:

Very important to distinguish Paris from the rest of France. Kinda like NY and the rest of the States. It ain't the same. Paris is a melting pot like a muhfukka, and I'd say most people under 35 don't give a fukk about race bruhs. Everybody hangs out with everybody, we don't even think about race like Americans do (all that idiotic "c00n" talk :childplease: ), we crack jokes at every race Blacks, Arabs, Asians, Whites, whatever. Snow bunnies dating nikkas, Asians dating nikkas, Arabs whatever. As bad as the video makes it sound, France is much more open-minded than other countries.

Now are we rude to tourists ? Hell yeah :lolbron: but racist? Nah. Again I'm talking about the younger folks (of course there are exceptions). If anything we're more racist between one another (Africans vs ppl from Guadaloupe, Martinique etc, or Morroccans vs. Algerians vs Tunisians).

And if there was to be a ranking of "races" French ppl hate (and by French people I mean ppl living here, white, black, whatever) it would go

- Arabs

- Romani people

- Black people

I'm kinda straying from my point, but basically I feel like America is more racist than France by a long shot, it's a country that's obsessed with race, whereas at some point we get tired of arguing, and just go "fukk it let's go get some good wine and feast on some heaux :drunk:".

No Patriotism tho :whoa: