StereoTypes Paris - French African vs. African American?

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
really only posting this because the girl by the Eiffel tower is so cute :noah:

[ame=http://youtu.be/hrRzyh7HRJ4]StereoTypes Paris - French African vs. African American? - YouTube[/ame]

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Racism is everywhere dude. Some cultures are just more receptive of black than others.

Of all the big countries that have large black populations Americans tend to be the most obsessed with racism if you ask me. Any little thing said can be misconstrued and be blown out of proportion where as in other countries people just brush them off and K.I.M. Here we look for racism.

It's still funny to me tho how damn near half white women i saw in Paris when I was there were with black men. And about 75% of the black women were with white men

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
dude 2 minutes in talking he identify being more french than african :childplease:

that fool with the cleveland hat aint black :childplease:

bruh, he just may not be put up on game.....He didnt DISS his Afrian side, and he's probably been to AFR more that you and I combined, but I feel where he's coming from. He does need to see Hidden Colors tho :mjpls:

I applied for an Aug.2013 teaching job in Spain. If I get it, I'll be back in Paris every month, just DRILLING HOES...... :whew:

Oh, yea....and 10 minutes long? :stopitslime:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Racism is everywhere dude. Some cultures are just more receptive of black than others.

Of all the big countries that have large black populations Americans tend to be the most obsessed with racism if you ask me. Any little thing said can be misconstrued and be blown out of proportion where as in other countries people just brush them off and K.I.M. Here we look for racism.

It's still funny to me tho how damn near half white women i saw in Paris when I was there were with black men. And about 75% of the black women were with white men

You have a point but I feel like that happens because the Americas (US and South America) have a totally different history when it comes to race. While we have made it past slavery and segregation/civil rights its never been openly discussed or properly addressed. I mean both blacks and whites have never really openly talked about the impact and effects of slavery/discrimination. You have one side angry about what happened but not really understanding the psychological damage done and the other trying to sweep it under the rug. So when these things come up people go into hyper defensive mode. There are other factors as well but I've already written quite a bit here.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
what is funny to me is the white guy is like yeah we racist but blacks are like no the are not

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
That interviewer is one annoying dikkhead. :ehh:

20-25% of French people voted for Marie La Pen - she wants to repatriate all non French people. No racism in France, no sirree.:bryan:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease: @ anyone who says there's no racism in France.

It's just the main targets in France are typically the North Africans as opposed to blacks in particular. It has a completely different history and dynamic, but it takes absolute naivety to make it appear as some sort of utopia.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
You have a point but I feel like that happens because the Americas (US and South America) have a totally different history when it comes to race. While we have made it past slavery and segregation/civil rights its never been openly discussed or properly addressed. I mean both blacks and whites have never really openly talked about the impact and effects of slavery/discrimination. You have one side angry about what happened but not really understanding the psychological damage done and the other trying to sweep it under the rug. So when these things come up people go into hyper defensive mode. There are other factors as well but I've already written quite a bit here.

Being an outsider looking in (i'm haitian) I say there is a lot of resentment on both sides. However white americans also need to understand and ACKNOWLEDGE that this nation owes a huge debt to the descendants of the black americans that endured slavery here that has yet to be paid.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:childplease: @ anyone who says there's no racism in France.

It's just the main targets in France are typically the North Africans as opposed to blacks in particular. It has a completely different history and dynamic, but it takes absolute naivety to make it appear as some sort of utopia.

So you are saying that North African are discriminated against as opposed to ANY black french individual? SO that doesnt happen herE? :dry:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you are saying that North African are discriminated against as opposed to ANY black french individual? SO that doesnt happen herE? :dry:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. My point was that North Africans are more likely to be the recipients and targets of racism in France. No it's not the same as the U.S. because France has a very particular colonial history with respect to North Africa and they are the biggest minority group in France.